1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Searching for types of games

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by romz_mark, Jul 11, 2008.

1. romz_mark

romz_mark Well-Known Member

Maybe you could make it so you can choose a genre of games and it lists them all.
    What i mean is there could be a drop down menu next to the search button the could list the genres of games, (without searching for anything) you would be able to click what genre you want and it shows all the games in that genre. I try and use the one in the advance search options and it says i have to search for something. :(
    I would like to be able to view all the games in the genre.

thx :D

2. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

You can already search by genres via the search options while you're downloading ROMS.

3. romz_mark

???
    When i try and view all the RPG games without searching for anything says i have to search for something.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, it doesn't really work. You can just browse for tags in the meantime. https://www.romulation.org/tags/

5. romz_mark

Cool thanks :D ;)

6. kanwarrulz_123

Maybe the games are not specified properly. Maybe the mods should attend some one to arrange the genres.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

genres are supposed to be assigned by users, but it seems people can't be bothered.

8. kanwarrulz_123

I'll try to do for some NDS and SNES games. ;D

9. romz_mark

Yea so will I.
    :D

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If you just want to browse the selection then you don't want the search page, go to your normal browsing page and expand the sorting options.