1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SD/TF card error

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xdonnaxpink, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdonnaxpink

xdonnaxpink New Member

hello, My son turned his DS on this morning and both screens were black with the message 'SD/TF CARD ERROR' on the top screen.

What has happened? It was fine last night.

If i put the sd card into the reader and onto the laptop will it delete all the software/games as he is nearly completed mario and will kill me if i delete it!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

x

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it shouldnt delete everything when you put it into the computer. Anyway, try taking the microsd card our of the flashcart, and blow on the contacts, as well as into the microsd slot on the flashcart, and see if that helps.

3. xdonnaxpink

xdonnaxpink New Member

I tried that but nothing.... ???

i read that i may need to format it? don't know why or how!

xx

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

From what I just looked up about your error it may be that your SD card may be faulty, but if you can get your laptop to read the card before formatting then you can backup the data and format the card and copy the backup data back to the SD card and see if you still have the same problem. Now remember if you have to format it you will loose everything on that card and will have to basically start all over.

To format just place the SD card into its reader and place it into your computer and when it pops up as a removeable drive right click on it and select "format"

5. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

^Well you can do like Madman advice.

1.Copy everything from your son SD card.
    2.Format the SD card.
    3.Put back from what you copied.

6. xdonnaxpink

xdonnaxpink New Member

Ok will try that then, fingers crossed i dont loose the save files, he won't be happy!

Where can i copy all the games/ save files to back up?

Really stupid question... i know!!

z

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...it's possible your son what I did to my little brother...

A game was loading/saving-and something got corrupted.

Best to try to copy what you have, re format-then seehow you go...

If for some reason it works but performance it not as it was (ie game'sload longer-not save-shut down for no reason) then I suggest you start a new card..format everything, no back ups...

Hard to believe a pokemon save data caused so much trouble-but that's what it did-because it played up with the loaders...

Lucky while we lost all save data-we backed up the game downloads somewhere safe that won't have such issues..like a 1TB external hard drive that's always off XD
    Post Merge: [time]1244646985[/time]
    ps all little kids get like that when they lose something of thier's...my little brother nearly bit my head off after that one!

Lucky for you he's your son-not your little brother...and your question isn't stupid...it's a common thing that everyone will experience with roms...

pss if he get's angry at you for not trying to save his data just keep in mind it wasn't your fault it was playing up :)

8. xdonnaxpink

xdonnaxpink New Member

ok.... ???.....So i've put the sd card into the usb reader thing and nothing is coming up, normally a window pops up and i click open and view files but its not doing anything?

aarrgghh confused.com!!

9. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Like this.

1.Put the SD card in your USB reader.
    2.Connect it to your PC.
    3.If the window pop-up like asking to open with what program select open as file.But if the window does not ask you.
    4.If the window does not pop-up,go to My Computer.There should be the SD card memory.
    5.Backup all the save file in your son SD card in other word copy the whole your son SD card.Put in your file.Make sure you remember where you put it.
    6.Reformat the SD card by right click to open Option.Click reformat/format.
    7.Tick fast format or e.t.c.
    8.After it finish formatting,try open the SD card.It should be empty right?
    9.Put back all the copied file back into SD memory card.
    10.Try it first.

If that doesn't work,post more your problem next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.