1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SD card suddenly not reading

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by malachite125, Jan 29, 2011.

1. malachite125

malachite125 Active Member

I was playing a Genesis emulator last night on my Acekard 2i running firmware AKAIO 1.8.2, I believe, and I tried turning on my DSi today and I got the error "System File is Missing" when selecting the Acekard from the menu screen. Please note that I didn't delete anything from my SD card (or even connect it to the computer, for that matter). I also played Shantae: Risky's Revenge, but never connected to the DSi Shop, so no firmware updates should have occurred that would have messed anything up.

I tried plugging the SD card into my computer, and no files come up in the directory. What's the deal? Was there some secret firmware update that deleted everything from my Micro SD card? Is there any way to salvage the files, assuming they were deleted somehow? Is there a bug in the Genesis emulator (jenesisDS) or something that could have messed up my SD card?

Help would be appreciated!

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

format and re install

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

SD Cards (and other forms of flash storage) can be corrupted and data can be lost. It is important to backup at least your save files regularly. Once it is corrupted, it is easiest to just format your card and restore the latest backup you have.

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3