1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sd Card Error

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bscit, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

So i just turned on my ds and i got an SD/TF Card Error.
    Im using a 1gb Kingston Sd card
    And also when i plugged it in through usb to my computer nothing shows up.

2. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Try with a different reader and format it.
    Also if you tell me the error it will help me help you.

It could be that the reader is broken, wrong fat format, missing menu files, etc

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Nothing shows up? Like your computer doesn't recognize the MicroSD, or there is nothing on the MicroSD?
    Try formatting it (backup anything if you can). The error on your flashcart means that it can't find the MicroSD or the firmware files.

If your computer doesn't recognize the MicroSD, try a different MicroSD reader and a different computer (if possible).
    If you don't have any files on the MicroSD, load your firmware files and try again.

4. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Yeai already tried those with my other r4 and sd cards it seems
    my 1 gb is messed. And idk what error it just says SD/TF Card Error.
    It was working fine yesterday. And if i do have to format it, it there a
    way i can back up the stuff?

5. TirithRR

Once you format it you will lose anything that is on it. But, you won't be able to format it if you can't get a computer to recognize it.

The only way that you might be able to do it (big might) is if you have a camera or cell phone that uses MicroSDs, it might recognize it and be able to format it. But if it really died, then it won't work.

6. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Oh my computer kind of recognizes it. When i go to (G) it syas do you want to format it.
    But i got important stuff on it... T_T

7. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

All I can suggest is if you want to recover those files try to use a different computer, else format it with the Panasonic formatter.

8. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Ill try looking for a way to back up the files. My last option would be to format it.
    Will it work to dump the games and saves off my r4 to another r4 the same way
    you would dump any other game?

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If you mean copy, then yes.

Infact, if they are the exact same card it'll be a straight copy and paste :)

I do this all the time for my brother's acekard 9I have a 2.i-he has 2.1 and it's a straight copy)

Definetly do this.

10. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

If you read hte previous posts, youd realize that me SD card is screwed up.
    Will it still work?

11. rocklee823

rocklee823 Well-Known Member

I have to say the obvious thing, get a new micro sd card, because 1gb is tiny.

12. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

So i found out how to get everything back with a program called getdataback
    turns out i have to pay for it. Does anyone know any other programs like it?

13. TirithRR

It will only work if your computer can recognize the microSD and access it. If your MicroSD can't be connected to the PC, no PC programs will help.

14. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

No i got my files back with an EASEUS program. I found lots of programs like this
    but they were 60$ thankfully this one was free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.