1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Scrolling shooters?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Datanotfound, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure what the genre is called. but I'm looking for a game like Nanostray,

While Contra 4 and Metal Slug 7 are excellent, I'm looking for somethign thats constatly scrolling, sending waves of enemies at you, spamming bullets, you get the idea =p

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Space Invaders Extreme. Or there are a few homebrew ones, such as Touhou DS. Surprisingly very good for a homebrew. Seems to be very heavily based on that game on the Neogeo though (similar to 1942). Forgot it's name.

3. [Game|Freak]

[Game|Freak] Well-Known Member

There is also a recently good one called Little Red Riding Hood Zombie BBQ. On this site it's Zombie BBQ when searching for it I believe. Well try that game it's scrolling shooter with massive zombies swarming at you.

4. morphius

morphius Member

may not be EXACTLY what your looking for, but, how bout installing nesDS. Then you can play all the shooters from the NES. The entire gradius series were wonderful. The contra series were good. gunsmoke was a great shooter. 1942 and 1943 were great. I'm sure there are a zillion more i have not mentioned.

5. head635

head635 Well-Known Member

There is "Ketsui"

6. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

I'm actually playing that right now =p