1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Scribblenauts No$GBA Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Josh241294, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

Hey RomUlators...
    Josh here. I haven't been on in a long time. Last game I downloaded before Scribblenauts and Soul Silver was like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (after a lot of recommendations). I own a DSi, so my TTDS is useless (other than the fact I lost it!) but my friend is having a holiday in Malaysia and is getting me an Acekard 2i from there. Anyway, I need some help. When I start up Scribblenauts on No$GBA, and can have endless fun on the start screen. But, when I click start, or change the start background, it freezes. The Back sign, The Wireless sign and the Credits sign works, but I can't usually get into my file. Even if I do, Nothing works! When I click challenge, and then ok, It's just a black screen, same with level editor, ollars shop and extra levels! Somebody, please help me!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Make sure you are using the latest version of No$GBA which is version 2.6a

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. Josh241294

I am using 2.6a, right now. I'm playing Soul Silver on it. It's smooth inside buildings and battles, but there is slight lag outside.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Make up your mind.... are you having trouble with Pokemon or Scribblenauts?

Try out no$zoomer (also linked in the Common Issues thread) as well.

5. Josh241294

No, there's not much trouble in Pokemon, 'cept that small lag in overworld. But Scribblenauts, mainly. I do have no$zoomer, but it's in japanese. I can't find an english version.

6. akashavamp

akashavamp New Member

hi first of all you can get an ttdsi card for your dsi.the only thing is that you do not update your dsi to firmware 1.4 as it will not work . when they updated the firmware from 1.3 to 1.4 they put a flashcardblock in it.

7. Josh241294

Well, they did, but some companies have bypassed it, noticably the Acekard 2i. So, i'm good. But, I'm getting it in like a months time when my friend comes back. I just wanna get past the Start Screen in Scribblenauts! D:

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

There is an English patch for it; someone else knows the link though. You might have to just wait for your flashcart, unless it works fine for someone else.

9. Josh241294

Thanks guys, I got it working. Scribblenauts is a go. Pokemon, on the other hand, can't save. But i've fixed the lag, and everythings fine in Johto ^^. Everytime I save, it says Saving (or Saving a lot), and the top screen freezes, but that's happened to everything since DPPt. The little square with the circle rotating (or should be) doesn't rotate...Is it supposed to? The music still plays though. Once that happens, I'm all good.

10. I'm having the same problem i have no$gba 2.6a, and tried the no$zoomer, i get a new message saying it cant read the save file reinsert card. any help would be appriacated.

11. Josh241294

It was working quite fine yesterday (Scribblenauts, that is), and I changed the NDS Backup thing to Flash512KB to see if Soul Silver would save, so I saved the settings. No luck. Now, I go back to Scribblenauts, and it says Save file not found, reinsert card. And, I use no$zoomer and No$GBA 2.6a. So, when I go back to change the backup to whatever it was (I actually forgot), and saved, it says No$GBA Fatal: No$GBA.INI and another window says No$GBA Fatal: Scribblenauts SAV. I really need help. I got so far, too! I was up to Ancient world!

12. anandjones

Make sure your NDS Cartridge Backup Media is set to Auto, if it is, manually set to each option and reset until it works. ^Can you still load the game again? Delete the .ini and .sav. Scribblenauts is working fine here with and without no$zoomer, on no$gba 2.6a.

13. Josh241294

Did you fix the scratchy sound without no$zoomer, Anand? I know it's not completly necessary, but I like the music.
    Oh, and there is no Auto on NDS Backup Media.

14. anandjones

Then you don't have 2.6a. Check in Help>About tab. A link to 2.6a can be found in the Common Issues https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

15. Josh241294

Thanks. I got 2.6a along with the english No$Zoomer. I can save now in both Scribblenauts and Soul Silver. Now, to fix the lag...what's the best rendering option?

16. anandjones

If you're talking about the 3D renderer; OpenGL, at a cost for performance, you'll have better visuals. nocash is the opposite.

17. Josh241294

But on the No$Zoomer, it says Direct X something point something, Open GL, async and sync, which one is better out of those? And for the No$GBA menu it says nocash and opengl. I want both games to run at DS speed. So...if you don't mind, what should I select out of:
    - OpenGL or Direct X
    - Async or Sync
    - OpenGL or Nocash?

18. anandjones

DS hardware uses OpenGL, so choose that for the first option, and then nocash(OpenGL based) for the third.

19. Josh241294

O_O...The third? So, Async/Sync doesn't matter, right? Thanks alot, AJ.

20. anandjones

Third as in '- OpenGL or Nocash?'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.