1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Screenshot Sizes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seph, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We're currently working on improving the screenshot feature and have generally fixed most, if not all, kinks. All that's missing now is to figure out some dimensions (hereafter refered to as size) for the screenshots.

I have yet to decide on a max size, if an image is above that size it will be resized and saved as a thumbnail and clicking on the screenshot will result in a large size version being presented.

So, here's my question: GBA is 240x160px. What are the other systems?

2. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Do you mean the resolutions of the systems? If so, here's a couple.

NES: 256x240.
    SNES: 512x448 Maximum. Can run in a lower resolution 256x224
    N64:: 640x480 Maximum. Can run in a lower resolution of 320x240 though.
    PSX: 640x480 Maximum. Can run as low as 256x224.
    NDS: 256x192.

Uhhh, yeah. :-*

3. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

PSP - 480x272 I Think

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Be aware that this may vary between territories. PAL TV has a standard resolution of 800x600.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

But if emulated on a PC does it then fit those proportions? Or will it look stretched if fit to that size?

6. Loonylion

going above TV res will result in it looking odd, and using a res with a different aspect ratio will make it look odd too. Providing the original aspect ratio is maintained, dimensions are multiples of 2 and resolution is 800x600 or less, it should look fine

7. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

Hi im new with all these screenshots stuff i know how to do it for gba and snes games but how would i do it for nds like which emulator would be the best? i really want to help romulation and get more screenshots up =D

8. Karthegrax

Karthegrax Guest

no$ or whatever it is. Can't remember the whole name, i don't use it often. but its that one

9. Loonylion

No$GBA

10. Karthegrax

Karthegrax Guest

Yeh i thought it was something like that. You just had to outdoo me again didn't ya loony! :mad: