1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Screens Not Working

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by noon, Jan 2, 2014.

1. noon

noon New Member

Hi I bought a dxi xl in november as a xmas present opened on xmas day charged it up turned it on blue power light came on but the screens remain blank I tried to contact seller on ebay but have not had a reply.Is this a common fault that can be fixed by me or does it need to be returned
    Thanks

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Did the DS come with a charger and have you tried charging it before turning it on? Maybe it won't make any difference, but also remove any memory cards or games from the DS before you turn it on.
    miros

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Judging just from your story; If you bought it off ebay, then it's 2nd hand?! Right?! The console could be damaged; either from the start when it was put on auction or during the shipment due to improper packaging/handling. Most likely the screen's LCD need fixing/replacing, if it is as you said when switch on both screens remains blank/dark/white. However, if an error message shows up on either screen when you insert a flash cartridge, it's a totally different issue altogether. So if the probable cause is the LCD being damaged you could choose to send it to a game shop to fix it, or send it back to ebay for refund if it's still possible. A friendly advice for you: next time consider buying first hand product at local stores so that you can test it before buying to check for defects rather than buying cheap 2nd hand from online shops; if deciding to buy online better get first hand product, maybe more expensive but quality guaranteed.

He'd stated what you're asking.