1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Scrap screenshots and just post the boxart for NDS games

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tubebaum, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Tubebaum

Tubebaum Guest

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I don't think so, not all box art photos tell you enough about the game, as an example:

N+ for the DS box art:
    [​IMG]

Can you tell what kind of game this is? Another

Puyo Puyo for the Nes box art:
    [​IMG]

See what I mean??

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ exatly what he said, people want to see what a game looks like and shots of the game 'action' to help them decide.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Unlikely to happen, needs rather large code changes and I'm not willing to spend the time to make those changes.

5. Tubebaum

Tubebaum Guest

6. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

Go to gbatemp.net for boxart. :D

7. Seph

Tubebaum: All you have to do is upload a screenshot.

8. Tubebaum

Tubebaum Guest

9. Seph

Boxart would have to be uploaded by user as well, while I love RomUlation I'm not going to spend all my time on it, I really can't afford that, I have to make a living too and without an actual job and just the money from studying that doesn't leave much after monthly expenses are paid.

So N/A Screenshot or N/A boxshot? Yeah, exactly; only one of them requires no work from me and the other requires quite a bit.

10. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

I'm with Seph on this one! As nice as it would be to have it ready for all the games there are other sources for it. Too much work with not enough return out of it.

11. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Romulation is doing enough for us as it is already. Seph, why not have, along with the usual 1-2-3-4 boxes of screenshots, a box with C (for front cover) or something so that users can upload the front cover themselves if they want to? I don't find it a problem at all really that there are no screenshots but for those that want to, maybe they can upload it themselves along with the actual screenshots of the game.

12. Seph

Because that'd require code changes that I can't be arsed to do right now.

13. grimsim1

Exactly. Then don't even worry about it. It's not that difficult to get boxart from other places so I don't know what this guys deal is.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

RomUlation's already providing us the games, isn't that enough? Besides for box art or screenshots there are always IGN, GameFAQs or gbatemp for that.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Seph goes through phases where he is fed up of working on RomUlation and needs to take time off to work on other projects to allow him to recover. This is one such period, so give him a break for a few weeks.

16. Seph

Also grimsim the guys deal is he felt he had a way to improve RomUlation and he suggested it, that's fucking awesome and I applaud him for doing so, everyone should come with suggestions if they think there's some area that can be improved. I'll put it on the list of things that should be done differently and if I at some point get in the mood then I'll fix it.

17. grimsim1

No dude, it just sounded to me like he was complaining. The way he went about saying it "i bet if you were good coders" and being sarcastic with his screenshot thing. What the hell?! Fine, I won't comment anymore, just trying to be involved...

18. Seph

There would certainly have been nicer ways to go about a suggestion, but that doesn't mean we have to sink to the same level. :)