1. This forum is in read-only mode.

school drawing competition...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lille_mac, Dec 24, 2008.

1. lille_mac

lille_mac Active Member

well my school is having another drawing competition and well I'm taking the challenge.
    and since RomU has helped me alot at diffrent stuff including Roms i decided to post it
    So this years topic is fantasy so i thought i would draw a dragon, so here's my skiss:
    [​IMG]
    so before putting it in i would like you to tell me whats wrong with it because it feels a bit
    wrong. But try not to be to critic.

good example:
    the shadow on the tail is a bit wrong

bad example:
    you suck, don't put that thing in

many thanks your new poster Mac,​

2. cavemansam1234

cavemansam1234 New Member

The drawing's great! But, maybe you should make the horns straight? Also, I know this is a lot of work but maybe add arms?

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Not all Dragons have arms, his drawing is kind of like that of a Wyvern or wyrm, a kind of lesser dragon.

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well wyvern have 2 legs and no arm.....

but it doesnt matter. i think the horn need alittle more work.

5. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

True. I like the horns, to me the tail needs a little work (maybe not scales on the whole thing) and after you're done with everything else, you should make a basic backround (like a hut village on fire!)

6. lille_mac

lille_mac Active Member

@cavemansam1234 i will make the horns straight and i will also add some arms but i am not sure exactly where they will be like in front of or what? ???

@Cahos Rahne Veloza if i cant fix the arms then i will do the legs before redrawing. ;D

@calvin_0 yeah i know the horn looks a bit weird like caveman1234 saidi will make the horns better when i redraw thanks :)

@Deathbreak911 you really like the horn ::) yeah i wasn't really happy about that tail but what should i do about it like add some details or change the tail or what. by the way thanks for the great idea about drawing a burning hut in the background i will do all changes on my skiss and post it before redrawing to see what you think ;D

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

dragons are generally considered to be quadrupeds (four legs) with hand like claws on their front legs.

8. lille_mac

lille_mac Active Member

thanks for the quick answer once again loonylion ;D

9. victor123

victor123 Member

hey wyrm is kind of ... it looks like a dino

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@loony: That's the western idea of a Dragon, in eastern ideology, myths & Folklore Dragons may or may not have four limbs or no limbs at all, just like the Pokemon Gyarados. They can also be an elemental Spirit/form as well like the Fire Dragon.