1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SCDS2 eating my save files?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by buchichu, May 22, 2011.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

Anyone heard of this? Is this some kind of sign I need a new cart? It started with one game (Inazuma Eleven) which I kind of shrugged off because this was a game with a lot of AP and various issues I'd dealt with, but then it happened again, and again. My saves would just disappear. I updated to the latest firmware after the first time so that doesn't seem to have made a difference.

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

In which country is your SD made?

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I think its just an issue with you SD card not your flash cartridge. Re-formatting it or replacing with a new SD card will likely solve the issue. I had such experience before too but with a different cartridge after I added a game rom that turn out to be faulty and made my SD Micro error.

4. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

You know, I was wondering if it was my SD card...I've had issues with them before and was thinking about replacing this one soon since they only tend to last so long. I don't know what country it was made in but I'd certainly prefer it to be the SD than the flashcart. I'll grab a new one before I waste any more time by losing saves.

Thanks! :)

5. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

If your SD card is made in Tawain, it is a fake which means no good

6. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

I've had some corrupted save files on the scds2's gba emulator, but never for ds games.