1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Saving controller configuration on ZSNES?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by houstontx224, Feb 12, 2012.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to save my controller configuration on ZSNES ? Instead of me setting it each time I use ZSNES ?

Thanks,

HoustonTX224

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Why even use ZSNES? That thing's so ancient :p

You should move on to snes9x 1.53:

http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4909&start=0&sid=723581a32bd6bbce474cf15cfe316056

Also there is an option to save your controller configuration on ZSNES which is found at the very bottom of the "misc" tab labeled as "Save CFG".

3. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Much appreciated Cahos...Thanks. Yet, I'm not sure if I did it correctly. I did hit the save cfg button BUT,when I left and loggged back in my controller savings werent' saved. Do I need to create a folder to save my controller options in?

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

You don't need to create a separate folder to save the controller cfg file into.

Try this, before you start/run the emulator again delete the currently existing cfg file found at ZNES's root directory. Run the emulator again to generate a new cfg file. This new cfg file will have the various default control settings set up. Change whatever control settings you'd want then save your modified cfg file by clicking on that SAVE CFG button again. Close the emulator & on your next run the settings you've chosen will have been saved.

Or, as I said go the "better" alternative. Delete stupid ZSNES & use either snes9x, SNESGT or BSNES.

5. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

Hey! Don't knock the ZSNES! I've been using it for years and loving it! ;v)

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Err, it's sooooooooo outdated now :p

ZSNES Last version release 1.51 on January 2007

snes9x Last version release 1.53 on May 22, 2011 & the snes9x team are still hard at work on version 1.54 :p

bsnes Last version release 0.86 yesterday Feb 14, 2012 :p

snes9x & bsnes were also programmed to better "simulate" the SNES hardware so games that uses special graphics chips & the SFC Sound chip run better on both of them, whereas these games will not run on outdated ZSNES. Here's a little test for you, try loading & running stunt Racer FX &/or Dirt Trax FX on ZSNES & see if those games will run on it :p As for a test to see SFC 700 functionality, try loading Super Puyo Puyo! 2 or Super Puyo Puyo! 2 Remix on ZSNES & see what will happen. So as I said, time to trash ZSNES & switch to either snes9x or bsnes for better performance :)