1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Saving a gba .SAV file for play with my nds+ysmenu+ezflash 3 in 1 combo

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by saken_, Nov 24, 2009.

1. saken_

saken_ Active Member

So Im running a DS lite with the YSMenu (it works fine) and I have my ezflash 3 in 1 expansion pack.
    I can play all of my NDS and gba games just fine except whenever I play "final fantasy tactics advance" for the GBA. Apparently, my sav file is "corrupted/ not found" but the rom itself loads up just fine.

I tried solving the problem by running the gba rom on NOR format and that worked in that it allowed me to use the SAV file I already had, but now I can't save the game.

SO this is my question
    " how do I save a game running in NOR format?"
    TY in advance~
    Post Merge: [time]1259109141[/time]
    Ok, how about helping me run the game normally?
    I can play the rom but I still can't save it. any hints?

2. saken_

saken_ Active Member

**SOLVED***

Wow, everyone was SO helpful~ (sarcasm)

ANywho, I managed to find a fix for my problem (by myself)
    turns out all I had to do was patch the game using the -EZ4client- sav file patch. Now I can sav games in nor all I want~

Just posted it up so that IF anyone else gets a similar problem they'll be able to find it here.

3. orangestargazer

orangestargazer New Member

Finally! I searched all over the internet for a solution and your simple explanation helped me fix the same problem! Thanks. :)

4. xBMx

xBMx New Member

Hello, I decided that instead of making a whole new topic I'd just ask here, hope it's not against the rules.
    I am using an M3Real and a M3 GBA expansion pak.
    My MicroSD is transcend class 6.
    My flashcart firmware is YSMenu 6.42
    I am having problems with saving in some gba games, a few examples are Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and Mother 3. When I try to save it says that it was "unable to save" or "save file corrupted"
    Is there anything I can do to prevent this?