1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Saving 3541 Pokemon platinum and no$gba v.2.6a

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by aw4o45444, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aw4o45444

aw4o45444 New Member

I'm trying to play a pokemon platinum that I downloaded here on the no$gba v.2.6a emulator. This is really noob-ish, but I'm not even sure how to save my game.

I've been using "write snapshot" and "load snapshot" to try to save my game. I'll save the snapshot to the right folder, but when I load it I get an error message that says "The Rom-image crashed" and the game will close.

I'm sorry if I'm not seeing something that's super-obvious. I searched the archives and checked the "Common Issues" thread and none of the problems there seemed to be quite like what I'm having now.

I've also tried running it on IdeaS, but all I get is a white screen.

For some reason, I'm just having a hard time running pokemon ROMs on NDS emulators. I never had this much trouble with Visualboy Advance.

I also saw https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=567.0, but for some reason I followed the instructions to the letter and it still wouldn't work.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The "write snapshot" and "load snapshot" option is still unstable, even if you manage to save and load the game,
    there will be a high possibility that a glitch will happen.
    Just use the in-game save option.

3. aw4o45444

aw4o45444 New Member

Ah, I see. I thought it'd be like my VBA ROMS where I had to save with the emulator.

Hmm, Platinum is showing my file on the main screen, but all I'm getting is two black screens when I select it. Darn.

... Pokemon Diamond is working like a charm though!

4. meganova

... Are you able to play it?

5. aw4o45444

aw4o45444 New Member

I can play the Diamond one, but the Platinum game will only load a black screen for some reason.

6. meganova

That's weird,
    Try using the no$gba addon,no$zoomer.
    See if it works.

7. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Try having this file on the no$gba folder
    http://anandjones.romulation.net/files/ds/firmware.bin

There might be some AP protection on Pokemon platinum.

8. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Just save it with the ''In Game Save Option''. Worked for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.