1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Save help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by XandY, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XandY

XandY New Member

:) hi, i'm new here. Recently, i just downloaded Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivors from Romulation.
    Yeah, the game was cool, but i was unable to save the game.
    It wrote: Please insert your ds card and try again.
    I've tried rebooting the game and restarted the whole emulator but i still can't save the game.
    Is there something wrong with the emulator or the ds rom?
    Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Dungeon Explorers works fine and i am able to save the games. The rom for the Digimon World also encounters the same problem.
    So what is the problem anyway? :-\

Thanks a lot! :D

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Read the Common Issues. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. XandY

XandY New Member

thanks alot :)
    Post Merge: [time]1261214155[/time]
    err sorry, again. I still don't understand. What am I missing? the flashcart? :-\

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

The flashcart is the DS card you are playing these games off. The bit of that thread that you wan to read is this:

"Update to the latest firmware for your flashcart (Linfox), usually involves replacing the old firmware files with the new files you have downloaded. If you still continue to get this error, try ARM7 patching it, look below for further details. These save errors happen due to newer ARM7 binary files which are not compatible with your flashcart/firmware."

So first of all you probably want to try updating your firmware (that's the menu you use to select which game you want to play).
    Go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds and look for the name of your flashcard.
    Then download the firmware files for it, and extract the .zip file.
    Put all those files on your MicroSD card and try the games agian.

By the way, do you know the name of your flashcart? The whole name should be on the box it came in.

5. XandY

XandY New Member

sorry, but i'm using the no$gba emulator to play the games.
    so should i still download the flashcart anyway? :)

6. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry, I completely forgot what you said in your first post.
    You don't need to worry about flashcarts if you're using a emulator (but you can't download them, they are a piece of hardware).
    What you need to do is make sure you are using No$GBA 2.6a . You can get this in the link Anandjones gave you. Then you need to go into the options and set the save type to auto.

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

unlike its previous version., the save option for the no$gba2.6a is already set to Auto.

Download the no$zoomer 2.3.0.2 for some boost while playing.

8. XandY

XandY New Member

oh i see. Thanks so much, guys! ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.