1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Save files randomly deleting? What would cause that?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by futuremilf2, Sep 28, 2010.

1. futuremilf2

futuremilf2 Member

My daughter's save files keep mysteriously disappearing and the poor kid is getting so upset. She has an Acekard 2 w/ Akaio 1.7. The weird things is, she has my old DS and it did the same thing to me a couple of times but with a different card (Acekard, but not hers) and different sd chip. Does that just mean that something is wrong with the ds? Any ideas what it could be or how it can be fixed would be appreciated. She wanted to cry the other day because she lost of all her Animal Crossing stuff.

2. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

You can try recover back your save file. And for backup purposes, please keep two copies of your most updated save file ;D
    Post Merge: [time]1285658717[/time]
    Oh, and get her to play Magician Quest Mystery Time ;D She will like it ;D

3. Double A

Double A Member

I read somewhere that going into options and changing the save type to ".nds.sav" (or ".sav", I forget) might help with this sort of problem.

I think there's this thing where updating your AKAIO resets your save-type options, so to get your saves to register you have to set them again. Of course, if the files are actually being deleted from your SD card (i.e. you hook up your SD card to the computer and the save files aren't there), then that's a whole different problem.

P.S. futuremilf? pixoritdiddenhappen

4. futuremilf2

futuremilf2 Member

I'll try that extension thing. Thanks. As far as keeping backups of her most to date save files, that would be nice but I just don't have the time to do that everytime she plays her ds.

???