1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Save files compatable with different translations of games?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by argorn5757, Jan 24, 2010.

1. argorn5757

argorn5757 Member

Well I want to play PHG/SS. But i was wondering, if i start now with the Japanese verison can i use my save game when the English version comes out? thank you

ps which is better hg or ss?

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I heard that some games can work like that.
    Just by changing the save name to the same name of the ROMs.

Never really tried it though.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I believe it works just fine on the Pokemon games, but the pokemon names will still be in Japanese when you change to the English ROM. (Others have said that).

4. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

It worked fine when i did with diamond, pearl and platinum, the one thing is what TirithRR siad, the pokemon names will stay japanese until either they evolve on the english version or you rename them using the name rater (you can change to the english translated name). HG and SS are pretty much the same game, the only differences i noticed from playing and reading about them is that each version has exclusive (wild) pokemon and respective events (for legendaries). example: SS will have Lugia, Groundon, Weedle while HG will have Ho-oh, Kyogre, Caterpie

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Has worked with Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts in my experience. I'm hoping it will work for HG/SS as well, since moonrunes aren't my native language and I hate translating in Versus battles. I'll survive either way, though.