1. This forum is in read-only mode.

save file question, not M&L :P

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gbninja, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbninja

gbninja Member

will the save file for a japanese game, say "soul silver," work for the english version of the same game?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No.

Like an nstc game save on a ps2 game being used on a pal version of game, it won't work.

3. gbninja

gbninja Member

aha, then is there some sort of converter then?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not that I know of-but it's gonna need majour work-some regions have different content-not just language.

I'd suggest if you badly want to salvage your progress, use pokesav (if it can work with it) and make a save for the english version with near simerlar progress to it.

It does not convert it-but can let you make new saves with whatever you need-3 legendary birds at start anyone?

5. gbninja

gbninja Member

haha~ that was my backup plan :p

6. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

There's no PokeSav for HGSS (N)

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Actually, most of the time, the savefile created from the Japanese ROM will work on the (U) or (E) version. If there's any differences between the two region releases, it would be dependent on files that are inside the ROM, the save-file just contains references to data. All you have to do, is try it.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe it worked with Platinum/Diamond/Pearl. I think the only issue was the Japanese save file when used on the English version kept all the pokemon names in Japanese. At least, that's what the users of this forum said when they tried.

9. gbninja

gbninja Member

oh, well i wouldnt mind having my pokemons names in japanese... thats actualy kindawhat i had expected if it would have worked :p

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Unless there are pointers existing in the save-files to reference to a different language character set in the ROM, then that would probably happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.