1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Save file gone. Please Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by arkStormer, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arkStormer

arkStormer Member

Recently, I was playing Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. I booted it up as usual, however, when I went to select a file, it said that it was creating a new save file. When it got to the selection screen, both files were blank. This is very frustrating, and I'm not sure what the problem is and how to fix it. It has also happened other times in the past, about 3 or 4 times before. Any help at all would be appreciated greatly.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What flashcart are you using, and what firmware are you using.
    Are you using a patched rom?

3. arkStormer

arkStormer Member

I am using the Spirit Tracks rom that is patched with the patcher that comes in the download from Romulation. My flashcart is M3 DS Real, and I'm using version 4.6 from linfoxdomain.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Check the MicroSD and see if there is a .sav file there.

5. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

I have M3DS REAL also , try downloading this and then save. See if it works.
    http://ifile.it/5qjtc8x/The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Spirit%20Tracks.sav
    Go to download ticket.

6. arkStormer

arkStormer Member

Ok. So I checked before hand, and there is a .sav file on the card. So I started a new file, got it to save, and rebooted the DS. When I started up the game, it said "Creating Save File" and the saves were empty. There were .sav files on the card both before and after.

To zerobahamut: I used your save and loaded up the game, and it did not say "Creating Save File". However, the 2 files were blank. Were they originally or no?

7. ArmsCorp

ArmsCorp New Member

The problem sounds more like the rom itself not the flashcart. I suggest downloading a fresh rom as well as formatting your sd card (just to be sure) and then giving it another try. If you have problems that just PM me.

8. X_Aburame_X

X_Aburame_X New Member

ok ive got the cycloDS for DS Lite, with latest firmware...i got Zelda Spirit Tracks from romulation, and patched it, well when i load up my game it also says that it is creating a save file, and both of them are blank. so then i looked for the save fix, it said it was for the Edge, so i thought it just meant any flashcart. well anyway, i tried that and its doing the same thing! idk waht is wrong, so if anyone hase any thoughts, please let me know....... i did not look through this fourm entirely, but i did ctrl-F cyclods....well if anyone you have any advice

9. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

update your cyclo to 1.56 beta 6...(U) rom, this solves all sav issues

EDIT: unpatched rom

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The latest beta firmware fixes the Spirit Tracks save file issue. Earlier firmwares need a save file created for it, otherwise it just deletes the save file every time you play.

So either update to the latest beta firmware (go to www.teamcyclops.com and register at their forums) or go to the Anti Piracy topic and download one of the linked Save files available for the fix.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=28754.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.