1. This forum is in read-only mode.

sav file help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by EntropicKitty, Mar 13, 2010.

1. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

Ok, so I tried to update my firmware and it didn't wanna work, so I tried to delete it and it glitched and dumped about 40Gb of junk files onto my 8Gb SD card... reformatted and put all my old data back, now whenever I try to play ANY game it gives me an error message saying "savfile not founded! please reset system"

When I look at the file via my pc the "modified" date/time has been changed on the sav file to whatever time it was when I tried to use it. Put a backup save file back onto the SD card, same issue.

HELP?

EDIT: It even does it with games that have no sav file to begin with

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What card are you using, and what firmware did you have before, and what firmware are you trying to use now?

3. EntropicKitty

I have an R4i SDHC revolution
    using firmware version 1.17b
    and I tried downgrading to the 1.15 version but it was being a pain so I tried to go back and now it's being worse... I just want to go back to version 1.17b but it's giving me the stupid error.
    I'm reformatting atm then putting all my junk back on it, I'll let you know if that works.
    Post Merge: [time]1268484033[/time]
    reformatted; still the same stupid issue.
    "savfile not founded!"

4. TirithRR

Do you have access to another MicroSD that you could try?

5. EntropicKitty

Yeah but it's only 1gb as opposed to 8... will that be an issue?

6. TirithRR

You just won't be able to put all your games on it. Load up the firmware and a couple games on the 1GB card and see if you can get it to work.

7. EntropicKitty

Ok trying now.
    Post Merge: [time]1268485669[/time]
    Loads ok no more error message... maybe that weird thing fried my sd card...lame, I don't want to have to go back to a 1gb card

8. TirithRR

Try formatting your 8GB MicroSD using the SD Formatter.
    http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

9. EntropicKitty

I shall try. I just downgraded my firmware I don't know how far (I had an old backup on my pc) and all that happened was a red SD card shaped outline came up on the screen with a ? in the middle

EDIT: What formatting option should I use?

EDIT 2: I'm going with "FULL (erase on)" it'll take a while and it's midnight so I'll update you in the morning.
    Post Merge: [time]1268520847[/time]
    Slept in. Readding my files and trying it now.

EDIT:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again... I F*%#$N LOVE YOU!
    All fixed, thank you so much.

10. RoseBlood

RoseBlood New Member

I am having the same problem. I'm in the middle of using the SDFormatter and have my fingers crossed. I recently bought an 8gig sdhc card and it worked fine with I only had a few games on it. But when I moved files onto it from my 4gig sd, I got the same error as mentioned here. I tried reformatting it with windows but had the same issue. Now I'm trying this. I'll let you know if it works for me.

Thanks in advance

Edited to add: No luck. Grrrrrrr