1. This forum is in read-only mode.

.sav data?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by na_ternals, Apr 23, 2013.

1. na_ternals

na_ternals Member

I'm totally new and clueless to this kind of thing, I already downloaded and extracted the WinRAR file. I'm confused about the .sav file, the WinRAR I downloaded only contains the .nds file, what should I do to have the .sav file?

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

When you run the .nds file (on an emulator or flashcard) it will generate a save file.
    There is no need to download one (unless you wish to use someone elses.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Just play the game and choose to save where possible - whenever you wish to save progress. That's how you create a save file.

4. na_ternals

na_ternals Member

Thank you for the help :D
    I asked because when I played a game it said 'save data error' or something like that. Once more, thankyou :) :)

5. Prectorian

Are you using an emulator? Cause you hadn't stated what your playing medium is.
    If it's on an emulator, play around with the save file type settings; make sure to delete the old save file (probably corrupted).
    Most NDS games uses Flash 512kbyte setting (some uses other type). Some older flash cartridges has ability to change it's
    save file type/size option too.

If you want a more direct/to the point response, you need to clearly state the game name, playing medium (emulator name, or console + flash cartridge name) that you're inquiring. Else it'll be a vague respond that you get.

6. na_ternals

na_ternals Member

I'm using EDGE, it's a cartridges I think. I'm playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time when this error happened. I think the error say something like can't save the game

7. Prectorian

EDGE been abandoned by it's maker for quite some year. So no more updates. Issue is that your flash cart's kernel needs updating to overcome the AP protection. But I don't think there is any secondary firmware that supports it. YSMENU/TTMENU/WOOD/AKAIO, I don't think any of those secondary firmwares provide support for it. You could try patching the rom using DS-SCENE ROM TOOL. However best bet is to buy a new cart. I assume your console is an NDSL/NDS? Then just go for any that is supported by either WOOD or YSMENU/TTMENU. If it's a DSi/3DS then best go for SUPERCARD DSTWO or R4i Gold (from R4ids.cn)

8. na_ternals

na_ternals Member

Currently I'm using NDSL. I... didn't understand about WOOD or YSMENU/TSMENU._. Should I buy a R4 flash cart then? I think its supported by WOOD

9. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

An original R4 would be the best choice and yes, it supports WOOD R4. Make sure it is an original though.

10. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

If you are getting a new flashcart, get SUPERCARD DSTWO or R4i Gold jus like Prectorian said, its the best right now and gets regular updates!
    Dont get an R4 Original.

I own an R4 original myself and i run wood on it. Now i wish i had bought an R4i gold instead, its not that R4 original is bad or anything, but the 2gb sd limit! Hate it when i run out of space to add new roms!
    Also there are no updates coming for the original R4 kernel....

11. na_ternals

na_ternals Member

Is SUPERCARD DSTWO and R4i are for NDSL?

12. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Yes you can use both on a Nintendo ds lite!

13. na_ternals

na_ternals Member

Thank you for the info :D

14. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Glad that i could help! :) Happy Gaming!