1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sargent Keroro/Frog

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by manjithxxx, Jul 26, 2008.

1. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

Keroro is a sergeant of Planet Keron's Army, and the commander of the Keroro Platoon.Keroro's body is green, accompanied with a yellow headgear with a red star in the middle (a yellow star is also seen on Keroro's stomach). According to Lieutenant Garuru, the star is the symbol of the Keron Force as well as its commanding officers.Keroro's hobbies include manga/television (his favorite being "Admiral Geroro") and internet surfing, but is especially enthusiastic about the creation and compilation of Gunpla (Gundam plastic models), possessing numerous models in his room. In addition, whenever Keroro sees a banana peel on the ground, Keroro steps on it without fail, as it is apparently his devout wish to entertain the masses.Upon arriving on earth, the Keroro Platoon somehow got separated. Keroro lurked in the Hinata household until he was discovered by Natsumi and Fuyuki, after which he was captured. With the Kero Ball, his weapon, taken from him and his army having abandoned him, Keroro easily surrendered. The freeloader (formerly a prisoner of war) becomes troublesome for the Hinata Family. Each time he is found guilty of something, Natsumi physically abuses him to no end. But now, through being the housekeeper of the Hinata household, Keroro has become familiar to living an adventurous life on Earth.According to the anime, Keroro's biggest fear is his own father.
    [​IMG]
    The main protagonist

[​IMG]

The Team

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

A cute anime, too childish though as it's initially intended for young kids :)

3. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

yeah well the anime looks childish, but the storyline is not really suited to target kids. there's a lot of offensive terms in the manga. they even calls humans in an offensive term for chinese

4. str8ayds

str8ayds Member

If a company like ESRB would rate it, what do you think would be the rating?

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

probably 15/teen

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Looks childish enough, look at the shiny eyes.

7. str8ayds

str8ayds Member

Watch this and I'm sure they will give it an M.

8. PuffyChain

PuffyChain Well-Known Member

I still like this anime...
    When Hinata calls Keroro as "stupid frog"...

9. riksa90

riksa90 Well-Known Member

It's hilarious. I love it.

It's true, that especially the manga is aimed to older teens. However the animeversion is made to fit it's airing time, so it's pretty kiddish. And kids buy a lot of merchandise, and Keroro is a great series for different merchadise, so that might be one reason too, why they aimed the anime for younger people than the original manga.

10. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i love thier opening.....

Kero! Kero! Kero!
    Iza susume chikyuu shinryaku seyo
    Kekkerokkero!
    Kasa motte dekaketa hi ni wa itsumo hare

11. boxcat

boxcat Guest

kururu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!awesomeness
    kukuku

12. visitor2

visitor2 Member

yes, w kururu ...i love the opening

13. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Ah yes, Sgt. Frog. Yea, probably a high T to low M rating in ESRB.

14. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Monty Python reference, tentacle rape joke, Kururu having a crush on Giroro, boobies on mechas... Yeah, this is totally a child-oriented series. Totally.

Giroro's my favourite...
    [​IMG]