1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sands Of Destruction Rajiv in Sky Gaol.

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by klaimore, Jan 15, 2010.

1. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I'm up to the part where you have to fight Rajiv when he's torturing Agan in the Sky Gaol.
    My team is ~lvl 16 and he kills one character in his turn.

How do I beat him?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Go level up some. :)

3. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

I have no idea.

Every boss in this game Hits for "1" or "Miss" for me.
    Rajin was at best hitting 30 with the special.

Well, there is a strategy for lazy grinders.
    Basicaly, everytime he uses that Skill "Battle Something II" (animation of some red/clock circle). Only attack him with your strong damage dealer and defend/heal with the rest.

Atacking his at this moment will make his Delay drop a lot and he will do chain attacks. And at the end of the fight getting 2 special or 3 in a row is very normal.

4. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

How do I get extra turns? Every turn I get 2 moves, but sometimes they give 3 commands to insert.
    Is it the Critical Hit?

5. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

You get extra attacks by doing critical hits and chaining really big combos.

Having High Morale also makes you have an extra attack from the bigging of the battle.

So far all my charcteres have a base 3 "moves" thx to the morale. (excpet of Rhy's, who for some reason got her morale droped and i cant get it up anymore.)

6. dja

dja Active Member

I linked up all of my characters base moves,and it gives me a lot of advantage
    (> means link or chained)
    ex:
    kyrie base attacks one two slash>staccato chop>whirl slash,unleash in just 1 turn,
    it gives me 1-2 extra turns averytime I used it
    deals a lot more damage than kyrie cross slice(blow 1),bone slice(blow 2),and hanging slice(blow 3) together because base attack hits more,while blows only 1-2 hit
    use kyrie finisher quickly
    only use 1 turn to unleash this 3 link attack

to get your base attack link
    upgrade them to max level,choose fortify ability,and pick the base attack,
    and thats how you do it

7. kyranasa

kyranasa Well-Known Member

dang it!!! i can't hit rajiv........... IT KEEP MISS..........

8. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Keep dishing out your best attacks.
    I just beat him at level 17.
    And he did 3 of his specials on me :p

9. kyranasa

flurry lv 7? 6 was max for me....

10. beinspired

beinspired Member

Funny how I was just playing Sands of Destruction this morning and was stuck at this point as well =.='
    I guess the only way to get through this is to keep trying and trying and.... strategize a new plan each time... I swear that the difficulty sudden shot up 'cos the normal mobs weren't even near "normal", they are like way too easy. the 1st time with Rajiv, didn't even get a chance to hit him before he crushed my whole party within a minute. on the 2nd time, managed to beat him like halfway thru before he suddenly turned into some maniac -_- then on the 3rd time, the party kept missing! have to say my patience ran out... lol waiting to get back to finishing him off when i'm done with my work -_-

11. kyranasa

buff agi up .... it ought to less miss! that what i do and i kill him :)) the real threat is the later boss though....

12. spawn7883

spawn7883 Well-Known Member

Suggest that you lvl up a little bit more 18 would be super, that battle lvl 2 thing only hit me for 50+ on each character so is easy to heal back up. There is a walkthrough on some game forum (forgot which) mention that is possible to beat him with lvl 16 Kyrie and the party lvl 17. I have never try it because I have been messing around the maze when I got to Rajiv I am already lvl 18 :p so good luck!!!

13. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I''m also stuck here.

14. razgrizglenn

razgrizglenn Well-Known Member

This. Customizing everyone's flurry attacks to lv 7 and choosing to fortify them will chain them together, thus allowing you to dish the 3 attacks using only one BP. Each time the 3 attacks are chained you also gain one extra BP, thus allowing you to attack until you use your Special Attack. I defeated Rajiv without getting hit once doing this. Note: lv 7 will not be avaiable right away, it unlocks itself automatically further in the game.

15. spawn7883

spawn7883 Well-Known Member

I am thinking it might be link to your lvl? The higher the lvl the higher lvl you can customize your attack.

16. p4tman

p4tman Guest

Yeah it goes up as you lvl. I was lvl 20 when I versed him and I beat him and Lupus Rex easily.

17. razgrizglenn

razgrizglenn Well-Known Member

Really? Not sure 'bout that, but then again, I haven't finished the game yet. I thought that once you reached 7 and decided if you'd either fortify it or not it was done for good.

18. p4tman

p4tman Guest

Nah i just reavhed lvl 30 and kyrie can max skills to 8 now.

19. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I just beat him.
    My characters were level 17.

20. dja

dja Active Member

has anybody reach the temple to meet crimson sun in order to resurrect "him"??
    can somebody tell me how to get past this temple...

I found a riddle to get past it but I dont under stand..

enter shadows to the west,cross light and darkness without rest
    only when the course is right will gate swing open on path of light