1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sandbox games for DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by loihuynh, May 10, 2010.

1. loihuynh

loihuynh New Member

Can anyone name some sandbox games for the DS.

2. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Re: Snadbox games for DS?

GTA Chinatown Wars

And correct your topic's name ::)

3. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

COP: The Recruit (It isn't very good though, and your actions are restricted pretty severely).

It depends how constrictive your definition of a sandbox game is, really...
    There are many RPG games for DS that allow you to go where you like (within the limitations of areas unlocked) and do what you like (usually within the limitations of choosing which monsters to fight, which side-quests to embark upon and which mini games to play).

Dragon Quest 5
    Chrono Trigger

Scribblenauts isn't really a sandbox game, but there is a great deal of freedom in how you are allowed to complete objectives and manipulate items and levels.

I haven't played it yet, but i think that Infinite Space is the sort of game where you can go off on a tangent. I believe that there is also a Phantasy Star game for DS.
    None of the examples that I have given truly fit under the title of "sandbox" games (with the possible exception of Scribblenauts); but i can't think of any better ones at the moment...
    "Snadbox", :). I'm dyslexic and didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

4. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

I think it may be GTA CW... Game is great, after finishing it I had only around 55% complete - there are sidequests, cameras to destroy, races to win... And from the very beginning you're able to explore the city (huge one, that is!) on your own... That'd be a sin, not to try it - game's worth playing. Sure you'll enjoy it.

5. loihuynh

loihuynh New Member

thanks

6. totallydood

totallydood Guest

If you mean sandbox games as in 3D ones, then
    Transformers Autobots/Decepticons (two huge metropolitian cities to explore)
    Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars (even though its camera is slanted, its still 3D
    C.O.P. The Recruit (NOT a GTA Clone, its more like DRIV3R)
    Jackass The Game DS (poorly drawn cities though but its in 3D and decent sized)
    Need for Speed Undercover (Big cities, but theres nothing to do)

you can drive a car in all 5 of these games in some form