1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by teheezin, Aug 25, 2011.

1. teheezin

teheezin Guest

So , I'm planning to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 , but I just want to know if I can get something like Installous on it like the iPad so that I can get free games on it?

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

You can most likely root it, which will allow you to install apk files which you can get from various disreputable sites. I have no intention of saying how this can be done however, as it is against the rules to link to stuff like that.

3. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

And you can still use Google. ;)

Note that the Android Market is crowed with FREE games and apps.

4. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

You don't need to root it to install apk files. You just tweak the settings which allows 3rd party apps to be installed.

Well there are apps like installous but some aren't great. The android market does have alot of free games and apps as what jonez said.

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?s=a29936950c8e666bed3ac01527d1046c&f=1053

You might want to check this page for some info. And as Masamune said, you don't need to root your device to install APK files. You just need to adjust your settings to allow files which aren't downloaded from the Market. As a general rule, avoid Applanet. It's not advised to use it.

6. teheezin

teheezin Guest

It seems so complicated to me D; should I get the iPad 2 rather than this? or maybe wait for iPad 3?

7. Stanley Richards

That depends. Would you rather email to yourself like an idiot to get files or have efficient ways to transfer content?

8. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

Just go into settings/application settings then tick the "Unkown sources" option. After that you can install 3rd party apps, simple isn't it?

Well i'd go for the galaxy 10.1 instead. You don't have to go through all the hassle of jailbreaking, installing installous, download the game which takes forever, install and play. Just to get a game for free. Whereas on android, you hook up your device into your computer, drag the apk file, unplug, then just click the apk file in your memory card on your device to install.

Have you tried the ipad 2 and galaxy tab 10.1 in a store yet?

EDIT: Applanet WAS good but they're having very very big issues for the past couple of months.

9. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Hmm.. Nope I haven't , I really like the samsung gt 10.1 though, APk files includes android games? Are there tablet optimized?

10. Stanley Richards

That depends on the individual developer to release a tablet optimized version of his App/Game.