1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sam\'s pokemon giveaway(pokemon may vary)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by samso, Apr 11, 2010.

1. samso

samso New Member

I have many pokemon to giveaway from 3 of my games and 1 of my sisters games. At the moment i am researching many legendary pokemon for pokesav.
    Post Merge: [time]1270979027[/time]
    I have lots of event pokemon like the 10th anniversary

2. artschoolgrrl

artschoolgrrl Active Member

Sweet! Do you have Celebi, Manaphy, Darkrai, or Shaymin? Those are the ones I'm looking for.

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Another giveaway thread...
    Since you mentioned Pokesav, I'm assuming that what you have up for trade is not legit.

If you are distributing both types, please make two separate sections, one legit, and one not legit.
    In fact, I would put a Legit section, a Legal section, and a Blatantly Hacked section.

By legendary pokemon research, are you looking at data for legendaries caught in-game or event distributed ones?
    I have most of the data for whatever one you ask for.

4. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm just a collector so I don't care if it's not legit as long as it's legal (or do I have those terms mixed up?)
    So...
    Do you have the three starter pokemon from Sinnoh? I'm trying to fill up my Dex in HeartGold.

Also, just a precaution...

You should REALLY try to do what he says...
    I've seen what he can do to people who don't provide proper information about their giveaway pokemon and let me tell you...

It is scary...

[me=toffster92]shivers at the memory of a previous giveaway thread that went horribly horribly wrong...[/me]
    *cough*yoshiflip*cough*

5. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

Re: Sam\'s ALL HACKS pokemon giveaway(pokemon may vary)

yup not legit = crap

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you got the terms right.

Legal means it abides by all rules, even distribution rules. Ex. US Oak's Letter Shaymin is not legal at the moment, because no US distribution of Oak's Letter ever took place. It requires the use of a cheating device to obtain it. Therefore, it is not legal nor legit. However, a Wondercard simulation of a TRU Arceus with the date to match within range of the actual event while possessing no more than 100 EVs in any stat is legal, but again not legit.

Legit means that not only is it legal, but has not been edited at all by a cheating device or subject to any cheats. (If you provide Pokesav spreads and Legal.exe screenshots as proof on legitimacy using PKM files, then I wouldn't consider that breaking the rule. As long as it's unedited. In fact, I encourage Legal.exe screenshots for the event pokemon that call for it).
    I would go as far as to say if you used fast egg hatch, then it wouldn't be legit (even though the result is the same), or even 255 happiness via box marking.
    Also, breeding with two hacked pokemon results in a legal egg, however since it required the use of two (or one) hacked parents, the egg is not legit.
    The best way to know your products are legit is to not cheat at all. I'd recommend keeping a separate save file that is the "legit" file.
    If you do obtain any pokemon from someone else, meaning anything not your own, should have some sort of proof on its legitimacy. A Legal.exe screenshot coupled with a screenshot of the moveset, etc. on Pokesav will do.

The last giveaway thread went all wrong because the original poster claimed his distributions were legit, when in fact they were not. That thread went from a simple "didn't bother to check for hacks before distributing" to a full out morality issue.

I hope you understand why I am harsh on these sorts of things. It's the dishonesty in trading that absolutely wrecks the trading scene where ever you go. Smogon, Marriland, Serebii. Let's try and keep it untarnished here.

7. toffster92

I wholeheartedly agree with you on keeping the honesty in trading pokemon especially when it comes to trading competitive battling pokemon.

Also, I just realized... since you are using pokesav I assume that you can't freely trade over Wi-fi?
    I only have the retail version of HeartGold and
    I remember someone once told me that pokesav only works on emulators and thus would be unable to trade over the NWFC. (was it you insanecrazy?)

Can someone clarify this for me because I am an absolute n00b when it comes to pokesav and such.

8. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I'm using an R4 (with the Wood kernel if anyone's going to lolR4 me) and I can pokesav. I just need to connect my microSD to the computer and edit my saves from there.

9. toffster92

So... you can then trade your pokemon to any legit version of the game?

Sweet.

In that case I go back to my original request...
    Do you have the starters from the Sinnoh region?

10. samso

samso New Member

well.... i am using pokesav for 2 of my games but my pokemon diamond is 100% legit :D

11. artschoolgrrl

Again, I ask - do you have Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin or Celebi?

12. samso

samso New Member

it depends if u want legit or not

13. artschoolgrrl

Legit would be nice. The illegit won't actually unlock anything cool, right?