1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Russian spies discovered in the US

Discussion in 'General News' started by ChristMonkey95, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristMonkey95

ChristMonkey95 Well-Known Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37982175/ns/us_news-security/
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/06/28/russian.spying.arrests/index.html?hpt=Sbin

I hope they execute the bastards, on pay per view. I'll pay for that.

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

In other news, tensions continue to escalate as the Soviet Union refuses to cease construction of missile bases in Cuba. More Cold War news at 6.

3. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Soviet Union, i thought they disbanded already... I'll need to update my almanac. lol

Russian spies discovered in the US? I think they are called now diplomats/ ambassadors.

4. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Lol.

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Just wait till they catch ours! hope they execute them on pay per view, my mothers russian, she will LOVE IT

do you think we dont have spies too? do you want them to get executed on live tv eh? they are just doing their job.
    grow the fuck up and go torture some animals or something if you want to see death.

6. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

In Soviet Russia, you spy on spies!

Sorry, bad joke time.

7. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I agree with msg for once; would you pay to watch American spys being excecuted Christmonkey95? What about American soldiers?; they're not spys technically, but they're in other countries obtaining information and reporting it to base.
    They need to be punished, but being killed is far too harsh. To be honest, I don't see anything to be gained from imprisoning them; deportation would be enough IMAO. They're not going to be able to act as spys again now that their identities have been revealed, and imprisoning these people isn't going to be a deterant to Russia; just a minor inconvenience until they find replacements (if they don't already have people ready to replace them).
    Gaining information on how Russian intelligence has been infiltrating the U.S and how it operates from these people is the only gain in capturing them that I can see (aside from preventing them from passing on further information and using their capture for propaganda).

8. msg2009

My god, there really is a first time for everything :)

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yep.
    Heard that on ABC World News last night.
    It didnt' surprise me, but it was pretty interesting.

10. ChristMonkey95

ChristMonkey95 Well-Known Member

I don't want our boys to die! Thats retarded! What the hell kind of dumbass logic do you use to come to that conclusion? If I want America's military to win a battle, does that mean I want their enemy to win too? Fuck no. And letting enemies go just sends the message we won't do anything about spying other than smacking them on the nose. I don't see any reason we should be kind to our enemies. They definetly won't be as caring to our people. If we catch terrorists, should we just let them go home? Maybe we should stop using bullets and start using BBs. That way, we'll just hurt enemy soldiers, so they can leave after a battle. They DEFINETLY won't come back ever again! And fuck the fact that our soldiers would be given the same chance.

11. Reider

Reider Modereider

The only comment I have on this is that the one spy is HOT.
    [​IMG]
    She can spy on me anytime.

12. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

The dumbass logic that it isn't fine to issue punishments disproportionate to a crime because the people whom are being punished are foreigners. Also, the logic that someone would take pleasure from the excecution of prisoners whose crimes aren't directly malicious or abhorrent is disgusting.
    The issues that I had with your post wasn't that you were supporting your own country rather than the Russians.
    What exactly would you gain from imprisoning them? As I said before, it won't be a deterrent; Russia will have other spies to take their place, they're not going to give up because some got captured.
    You don't think that executing Russian spies wouldn't make the ill-treatment of any captured American spies more likely? You don't think that it would damage relations with Russia and make negotiating the release of any captured American spies (or any American citizens being held in Russia on any criminal charges or for any other reason) more difficult?
    Terrorists=/=spies
    Terrorists that are released are likely to continue to spread propaganda and seek to commit acts of terrorism. How could these spys penetrate American society again now? How could they go back to living in suburbia whilst obtaining information valuable to Russian intelligence now that their cover is blown?
    I'm guessing that you meant "would" to be "wouldn't". Spys =/= soldiers. And I don't think that America setting the president for treating prisoners in its custody like shit once again would do anything other than make things worse for its equivalent citizens in foreign territories. During WW2, there were rules about the treatment of prisoners of war (the Geneva Convention) that prevented the abuse of prisoners by both sides. They weren't always abided by (especially by certain Axis Powers such as Japan; which didn't agree to them, as well Allies like Russia) but they were generally kept to. Initiating carte blanche in regards to the treatment of prisoners means suffering on both sides.

13. msg2009

you dont want our boys to die but you will happily watch theirs on pay per view.
    how old are you 15? come back and talk to me when you grow up

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Execute spies-sure.

On pay per view-I'm may be psychotic but I know that's morally wrong, why not ask them to beat each other to death with clubs in a Colosseum while your at it?

Fail.

15. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

Damn it. Where is Igor Gouzenko when you need him?

16. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i for one really doubt the spies would be executed, CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) isnt that dumb, i bet they are having an interesting talk with the spies right now.

plus it isnt so odd to find a spies now and day, as long as a country have a military, it will have spies.

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm surprised by the 'lets kill them' responses.

That's the LAST thing anyone wants to do. That's why spies were supposed to kill them selves if they got caught. Of course, spy movies taught me that.

18. Eadelas

Eadelas Well-Known Member

The Cold War was over decades ago people so what's with the "kill all spies" sentiment? It's not like the US has spies in Russia too *wink* *wink*

19. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

Meow russians are hot, wouldn't mind one for a wife, she can be my sexual spy and even hide a surveilance camera watching me when i go toilet or to take a shower or snuggle in bed with her.

20. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

That is probably one of the most disturbing things I have ever read on romulation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.