1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Russia furious over adopted boy sent back from US

Discussion in 'General News' started by damanali, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_russia_adopted_boy

Wow, this is the same with the movie Problem Child. I think the boy could have been better if they put a lot of patience on the kid... so he has problems, what you need is to take time and send the kid to a psychologist or something, before doing something like that. If they had money to send the boy back to Russia alone, then they could at least use the money for treatment. The US has many good doctors for that type of condition than in Russia.

2. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I just saw this on the news. I think the family could have done much better than just send him back to Russia.

3. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

GRAAAH! You... you can't abandon a child like that, you can't! Orphans don't usually come from stable families, and heck, kids who do live with their birth parents aren't always living in one themselves! Don't adoptive parents in America have to go through numerous classes on handling attachment disorders anyway?!

Ugh...

4. ultra

ultra Guest

definitely! they could have sued them for money, way better then sending the kid back.

btw, just because the child is behaving in a certain way does not necessarily mean the persons' a nut job. they may be acting that way because of certain conditions.

5. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Aren't they allowed to spend some form of time with the child before determining if the child is right for their family? The family has to also understand AMERICA is a FOREIGN country to the child. Just like RUSSIA to us is FOREIGN...I swear, some people don't need to be parents even if they decide to adopt. What's to say the family does it again? I'd consider you unfit and inconsiderate to children.

6. MessoMesso

I agree with everything you said except for the second and third sentences. That may be true, but I don't think the change in environment is the underlying cause of the child's attachment disorder.

Anyway, I thought everyone who was going to adopt knew that orphans from the former Soviet Union (it's not just Russia, mind you) had RAD or some form of it. Guess I was wrong.

7. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

I like how Russia wants to ban all adoptions from USA because of one redneck from Tennessee, because they represent the demographic for America....yeah....

8. MessoMesso

I know! Only half of America is like that!

The taxi driver hired to pick up the boy from the airport reported that he played with toys and spoke in English about trucks. I wonder how the kid's doing now...

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Excuse my language...

But what a BITCH!

Seriously, the kid might have just been a bit jumpy, from a person's perspective that's never has had kids for more from a day, they can seem rough...

I hate...HATE these people that do not understand!

[me=hYpNoS]will now consider going to America to teach this woman how violent kids can get by bringing his younger brother, with the exact personality as him, psychotic and loves chainsaws [/me]

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Actually its not the first incident. Several kids adopted from russia have died in the care of their american adoptive parents, and theres been reported abuse cases as well.

11. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Oh yes... That incident... They already suspended all the adoptions...
    and WTF? Why'd that kid say he wanted to bomb his parents' house???

12. MessoMesso

Reactive attachment disorder, perhaps? -sighs-

13. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Mmmmm... Think it's because his old pops beated him badly...

14. hmmm Russia is awsome but you can't just sent the kid back

15. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

In Capitalist America, YOU send back YOUR adopted children ;)

16. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Not a god joke at all

i vote 0

17. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

The woman, Torry Hansen, who adopted the boy, is, I agree with hYpNos, a bitch.
    She's not even going to talk about why she did it--- unless she faces criminal charges.

18. DECADE5

DECADE5 Well-Known Member

Still- one thing is certain. This is not the last, this type of incident.

19. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Yes

20. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

People need to realize people aren't books we all think and feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.