1. This forum is in read-only mode.

running .rar psx roms on epsxe

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by capnanch, Jan 25, 2011.

1. capnanch

capnanch New Member

Please help!
    My name is lonnie and I have downloaded epsxe onto my computer, configured the bios, and installed the plugins for it to work. I downloaded final fantasy 7 divided up between 35 .rar files and downloaded winrar, but Ihave no idea how to run these .rar rom files and play final fantasy 7. Do I have to extract all files with winrar and then convert it to an iso file? Please Help!! (I am running epsxe 1.7 on windows 7 on an asus laptop with a 300gb hard drive) thanx!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Rar format is actually just a compression format, you need to unpack the roms using winrar.

Now you got 35 files of this game?

Easy, read the entire file names, the one that is designated "first" or "00" or even independantly named from the rest (ie "final fantasy 7.rar, and the rest look like "final fantasy 7.r00"), you'll need to extract.

All you do is the designated first, and that unpacks all the other files, it should be an iso inside or another file type, when you gotten the file from that, report back to us.

No emulator takes rar files as Im aware, or other compression files (well some take zip but that hardly compresses)

3. capnanch

capnanch New Member

when I go extract the files to a designated folder the following diagnostic messages come up: unexpected end of archive.
    packed data crc failed in final fantasy disk1 of part 1. the volume is corrupt. Should I download a different file or try another program?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that means something went wrong during the download. The solution is to delete the file and download it again.