1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Running FMCB or Ulaunchelf via ARMax for PS2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Diego Mendez, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Diego Mendez

Diego Mendez Member

So, I reigned supreme and got a new Dell Inspiron Laptop with Windows 7 installed, and got the Max Media Manager to help me out. I want to install uLaunchelf to try out my emulators and which roms will run before I burn them to a CD. But FMCB didn't boot with ARMax (I also Media Manager'd it) and did the same with FCEU with no luck....

I just want a working way to make Ulaunchelf and FreeMCBoot work via ARMax EVO.

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

http://freemcboot.psx-scene.com/armax.html

:)

3. Diego Mendez

Diego Mendez Member

personuser!

You copied the tutorial I had already read. No one worked, and I do not understand the SwapMagic way fully.
    Again, hunt!

4. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Hmm, odd.

Which model do you have of PS2? Some disabled ARMAX EVO features far as I know.

If you can't get it to launch any .elf files, then you might be out of luck.

As for swaps, they cost about $20 and provide an easier method to boot .elfs from USB sticks.

I use them, so I don't know too much about AR methods, but it might have been your USB stick too.

Did you use a kingston? PS2 HATES kingston. It likes sandisk tho.

5. Diego Mendez

Diego Mendez Member

I have something above SCPH-71000... And below 80000. That's not a super slim?
    And ARMax can boot some elfes, that provided PGen (I installed the Manager on the same USB, and the MaxMediaManager_autoexcute.elf or something like that is it's PGen), SNES-Station, and SwapMagic 3.8.elf
    That's what I was able to run.

Kingston = No.. It's the blue read only stick I mentioned in the topic for burning PGen and elf emulators... As it turned out, it wasn't read only, I never noticed the switch! Now, I can do with it whatever I want. It's formatted to FAT32 and runs by Max, but not CB... And I used for copying save files, too... The last thing, I do not know it's brand :( ...

6. Diego Mendez

Diego Mendez Member