1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RSS Feed Tutorial

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by zerozangel, May 25, 2007.

1. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

I got bored and im sure that there are alot of people who dont know how to use the new RSS Feeds that are available on Romulation. I didn't know how until today when i did some research.

1)You will need to download an RSS Feed Program any will do but for this tutorial i will use Sharpreader the link to download sharpreader is http://www.sharpreader.net/

2)Install Sharpreader pretty basic just keep clicking next.

3) After installation Open up Sharpreader or your RSS feed program and Open up the RSS feed page from romulation for Ex. For the NDS Feeds i would go to the homepage and to the secondary navigation and choose RSS Feeds. Choose the feed you want and it will bring you to a page where most of you wont understand. Good thing you dont need to understand it.

4)Copy the URL at the top of the browser and paste it into Sharpreader where it says "Address" on the top Taskbar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    5)Press enter and you will find new topics just click on them and it will bring you to the site on the lower panel.

6)Also if you wish to you can subscribe to the RSS Feed so that it will show up everytime you open Sharpreader the subscribe button is beside the Address Bar.

I hope this tutorial has helped some people and if you need any help just post back =D.

P.S. Screenshots are up I know the screenshots aren't that great but my first tutorial with screenshots i usually dont put up screens.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Alternatively you can use firefox and click on the orange logo in the URL bar. There you can choose to subscribe using Live Bookmarks, that will put the RSS feed into your bookmarks bar.

3. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

Well for hte people who dont like firefox like me =p

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try opera then; anything but IE, it does't display websites properly.

5. Chrono

Chrono Guest

IE7 does display better in some cases, and it does have an RSS feed thingy

6. Loonylion

Better than IE6, yes; but still a long way to go.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Generally I find that if IE displays better than firefox or opera then it's a poorly coded website. :)

8. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I find Opera renders things extremely awkwardly, it totally screws up the layout of facebook and other sites for me.

9. jorgea

jorgea New Member

Thanks for your kind instructions.

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Why edit loony?

11. Loonylion

removing spam.