1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RPG...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kryz, Sep 22, 2007.

1. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

mmm.... can anyone help me with *cheap* kick ass RPG games found on snes or GBA???

and what other *cheap* kick ass emulators are there???

2. RexNoctis311

RexNoctis311 Member

Re: (//.-)RPG...

Provided you're not actually going to "buy" anything:

SNES:
    FFIV-VI
    Chrono Trigger
    Seiken Denetsu 3
    EarthBound (personal favorite)
    Lufia 2: rise of the Sinistrals

3. Re: (//.-)RPG...

GBA
    FFTA
    Mario and Luigi Superstar saga
    theyre both nice.

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Re: (//.-)RPG...

the best emulator ever for gba (my opinion) is visual boy advance... check emulator-zone.com... good rpgs, i only have gba rpgs, but they're good... all the pokemon series (except pokemon pinball) are excellent rpgs... and i suppose any final fantasy for snes is good... you still have the zelda series...

5. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

if you need rpg's look no further!
    for SNES: (use Snes9XW, best SNES emu EVER!)
    Chrono Trigger; Lufia 2: Rise Of The Sinistrals; Lufia : Fortress of Doom; Super Mario RPG
    for GBA: (use VBA [visual boy advance])
    any FF game; Golden Sun; Zelda's; most pokemons (not pinball); DO NOT PLAY LUFIA RUINS OF LORE!

to get VBA{latest version} go to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G2JTCUEB
    to get SNES9XW{version i use, i think its the latest [the setup, fyi]} go to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJ3EKXBD

6. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

the best snes emu, approved by the romulation users, is the ZSNES... and you can get the emulators at emulator-zone.com... it's easier this way...

7. Reider

Reider Modereider

Depends on what type of RPGs you want really.

Strategy based ones, I'd recommend anything like Front Mission or the Fire Emblem series (GBA and SNES both in FE's case)

Standard RPGs, I'd go with nost of the stuff mentioned in here and throw in Rudra No Hihou (Treasure of The Rudras for those who have no idea what I'm talking about)

8. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

there are personal interests-
    Chrono trigger
    lufia
    breath of fire
    ff iv- and on

9. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

If you are not interested in the details and simply want to play snes9x and zsnes both are ok.
    As for games I'd like to add the shin megami tensei series on snes, tales of phantasia and of course star ocean(asmadi I thought this was your favorite).

10. romslover

romslover Member

Dragon Quest V and VI are my favorites on SNES

11. mrras

mrras Active Member

Final Fantasy IV V and VI , but you probably already played those if you have a snes emulator.
    Legend of mana is pretty good, Lufia and Lufia II are also great rpg's for the snes.
    And if you like a wacky adventure that won't make sense most of the time, get Earthbound, its great.

For the gba I would reccomend: Riviera: The promised land, Final Fantasy Tactics, Legens of Mana, Megaman Battle
    network, Pokemon Leaf green or Fire red and the final fantasy remakes.

12. Marvin927

Marvin927 Member

you may want to consider Breath of Fire II for the GBA. its nice. But FF IV for the GBA is absolutely a must have game.

13. noobster

noobster Active Member

Golden sun or rivera

14. h8uthemost

h8uthemost Well-Known Member

For the SNES(my personal favorite system, that I still play and buy games for), there is actually alot.

The ones that have been mentioned are all great, and should be played.

Here's a few more though:

Super Mario RPG(I freakin' love Mario rpg's
    Secret of Mana
    Secret of Evermore(this one isn't as well liked as Secret of Mana by most, but I like it more. The story is good)
    Illusion of Gaia
    Soulblazer
    Terranigma
    Final Fantasy II & III(which are really IV & VI)
    Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past(i don't consider the Zelda series to be rpg, but many do, so I thought I would throw it in. It's also my personal favorite Zelda. It's just a perfect game)

Make sure to play all of these. All of them are great.

Now here are a few that aren't as popular, but still excellent, in my opinion:

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
    Actraiser
    Breath of Fire 1 & 2
    Super Ninja Boy(this is one of my favorite, qurkier(sp?), rpg's for the snes)

And that's all I can think of right now. But that's enough to get you going. Do some research, and you'll find many more rpg's. Or better yet, go to the Super Nintendo board at Gamefaqs. They have lists of unpopular, but awesome rpg's that even I didn't know about.

Have fun with all this 2D goodness. :)

15. popcorn

popcorn New Member

i think these are the best RPG in gba
    • pokemon(all of th series **RPG**)
    • Golden sun 1&2 (both r older versions but r th bet rpg title in gba till now)
    • Riviera:the Promised Land (excellent story but controls can get complicated)
    • Zelda the Minish Cap(its more like an action game)
    well........... i hav tested only these beaten all except zelda
    but i stongly recommend golden sun for its unbeatable graphics WOW! ;D
    Summons r th best feature of these games
    ooops! i for got emulator
    Visual boy advance is th best around and supports most of the gba titles,
    its best to choose VBA link -it has multiplayer features try googling VBAlink as keyword

16. zidclan

zidclan New Member

try kingdom hearts GBA

17. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

oh, god... i've started playing fire emblem 6 and, ... OOOOOOHHHHHH, MAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!... WHAT A GAME!!!... seriously recommended...

18. z3311z

z3311z Well-Known Member

i found a game called venus wars for the favacom system
    it was like blade runner and FF tatics in one

19. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

Wasn't it famicom and not favacom?

20. z3311z

z3311z Well-Known Member

yeah i got confused with the spelling with the cartoon company