1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Romunation, my childhood!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rell, Aug 22, 2013.

1. rell

rell Well-Known Member

It was five years ago when I stumbled across this site by accident, and I gotta say, it's been a heel of a time. This site introduced me to the world of emulation, flashcards and free games in general. I took my leave about 3 years ago when I found out I my girlfriend (now wife) was expecting to focus on becoming a better person and provider for my daughter.

So much has happened since joining this site. From me uploading my first iso (ff9) to me making a couple admins mad. One of my fondest memories was when I was in the hospital, unable to access any sites due to the restrictions at the hospital, and everyone pitched in to upload me a few uncompressed games.

First off, I'd like to say thank you. Especially to loony, Seph and everyone else who made my impoverished childhood a lot more bare able and for making this site thee Spot to be. I, now a junior in college, wonder what I would've accomplished if not for stumbling across this site. I know this might sound a bit sily, far fetched even, but let me explain.

Usually when a person wants for something, they go out of their way to get it. My mind was set on video games.Being form a lower class family and having 8 younger siblings and a father who's incarcerated, I can't even think of the last time my parents bought me an actual game.

Instead of going off and stealing games, I found I downloaded roms from this glorious site, albeit older games. They kept me occupied and out of the street. At the age of 15, I wasnt out robbing and jacking people like my peers, I was inside being the "geek" with my all in one video game machine (PC) and chatting it up with people on here.

That's one of the things that made this site so great, not that you could download free roms, but because the community had so many great people who were noob friendly and gave the greatest advice and recommendations. Note that I said "had". Sadly, Romulations massive community practically dispersed after the end of the golden age.

It started when Nintendonstarted to crack down on piracy, forcing Romulations to drop its NDS roms. This was around the time that my I found out I was going to be a parent, so I rarely stayed up to date. I did however log on every so often and I noticed a trend, less and less regulars were online eachtime I logged in...

Being an adult, I have to say, I still have a soft spot for this site. I would like to see it back in its glory days. I'll be on this site more, and of there's anything I can do to bring this site back to its glory days, please let me know.

I guess the main reason of me writing this, is to encourage you guys to keep doing what your doing. You don't know how many people you've touched and lives you've changed by being awesome people!

I'll take my leave now, the regular with no avatar a.k.a that guy that wated fame that one time and got scolded by Seph XD

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Nice to see an oldie :)
    And yeah, our community has gradually died over the years...

3. Eadelas25

Eadelas25 Well-Known Member

Don't say that Xenirina. If romulation completely died, where would I go to for really useful advice about emulation?
    Other websites just plain suck.

Somebody should put up a "Thank you romulation" thread where people just show their gratitude to the wonderful people here.

4. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

lol Romunation

5. sonic_fan_num_1

sonic_fan_num_1 Well-Known Member

It's crazy how many years this site has been available. Totally trips me out thinking about it. Thanks to all the staff involved that continues to keep it running.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

A full decade and 18 days now.

7. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

wb lost person,i dont seem to know you altough i been here since 2007 but then again i have a stupido brain.

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I don't think you came back after 3 years of leave, given your last post before this was dated "Wednesday December 26, 2012, 06:05:17 PM".
    Like CK3, I can't remember ever bumping into you even though I first signed up around a month after you did.
    But yeah, I've been around this forum since, experiencing it's high tides and low tides.
    Such a pity fewer people post interesting stuffs to respond to since it's heydays.

9. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

I tended to just download games, wich i dont have time for anymore lol.

10. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I also had the best time of my life on this site.
    I met friends for life but it also ruined some friendships.

This might sound dumb, but I learned a lot which actually made me more mature.
    I miss the good old times.

11. lemzkie666

lemzkie666 New Member

Pack your feels bags we're going on a kids trip. :D

I was here before on 2007 i think, but i forgot my password lol.. And that story just made my day a bit brighter...

12. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i have been wondering if he was referring to the Romnation and not RomU ;)

13. GoCeltices

GoCeltices Member

Oldie.. I just download games here.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I just lurk here under yet another name.

[me=masterDS64]continues to lurk like he once did as hYpNoS[/me]

15. LeakedRom

LeakedRom New Member

Only found this site out now :D Gonna stay on here for a while