1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Romulation, what the hell happened?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RandomRedMage, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

So it's bee quite a while since Romulation stopped hosting DS titles on its own. And well, I'm sure everyone has noticed this but- What the hell happened? The only part of the site that's done anything since that change has been the forum. There has been no updates to the release list or anything on the main site. It's like everyone just gave the fuck up on having a good central hub, and just left everything to the community users. Thats fine for rom dumps and requests and crap, but what about keeping the main site updated with the rest of the world. So we can still use it as a catalog? I mean it's nice to be able to make a search and know the release number and get some basic information about a game. See some screen shots, and user reviews.

That was my favorite part of Romulation, and without that I can honestly say I would not have purchased half the games I have on the DS without that little extra bit. I mean sure I could google reviews and whatnot, but I don't want a magazines review. I want the don't hold back opinion of the market. The users, the people that decided to give it a try.

The way it looks, It's like the site was only up for hosting the roms. And once that was taken down no one gave shit anymore.

2. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Two words: blame ESA

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Seph has been through a period of programmer's block and was not able to work on the site. He's slowly getting back into programming.

4. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Programmer's block?

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its the programmer's version of writers block, it means you cant program for a while.

6. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I wonder why no one gave a shit anymore...
    https://www.romulation.org/friends/
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?board=55.0
    And, to be honest, I would have complained about the GC games, but romu has affiliates, and they host they're stuff in an organized manner as well...

7. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

OK one pogrammers block w/e has nothing to do with generic updates. Since your not CREATING anything new, but updating with news :/ Also I'm not talking about the roms. I could give a shit less if they host roms or not.

8. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Speaking as a programmer, how are you supposed to work on a site when you can't write code? As for news, I believe GBATemp handles that quite adequately. As far as I'm aware the release list has received sporadic updates.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

So even a slight change can't be done because it requires programming?

...this actually makes sense, even if it's tiny.
    Post Merge: [time]1297150605[/time]
    You know what's funny, the current affiliates to romU are the sites I once visited before romU XD

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Imagine a writer. If he wants to change even the littlest thing in the novel, he may screw up and ruin the flow of the story, just because of his writer's block.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I was already aware of this despite the "?" in my sentance, but thanks anyway.

12. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

I guess we can all make pointless games about 'would you _____ to the user ____' while seph becomes awesome again

13. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

It's not the games I was worried about.

It's the posters at RomU that wanted me to stay here ;_;

While watching the E3 stream, none of my friends were using instant messaging at the time, and those that were online showed no interest in E3 so.. I had you guys to talk to x_x ...

I didn't mind staying at RomU even though we're no longer allowed to download ESA-protected games. What bothered me was the people who left in response..

...By the way, isn't it ironic that ESA told us to stop distributing NDS ROMs the same day as Nintendo's E3 segment?

14. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I guess I came here during the exodus?

I'm not worried, I persevered through 2 years of CD21's bullshit.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Fucking liar.

16. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

You're right, 2 and a half years.

It was pretty bad.

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm mostly bitter for GM coming back up and CD21 saying that he has something special planned.

It was very special when the domain disappeared.

18. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

God, I was hemorrhaging ideas, September 2009.

And then that thing with the databases and Spain when I surfaced here. Complete bullshit. One of my BEST SIGS gone on the internets forever.

But enough about that...

19. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Yeah i learned my lesson when i lost a major high school flash project in Abarnes servers cause he would fucking flip flop every god damn day inbetween servers, never again!

20. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I lost an entire site in one of those Abe Clusterfucks. I don't deal with him anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.