1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RomUlation Promotion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seph, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We currently find ourselves at a stand still regarding to visitors, it's far below what we actually had before the ESA incident. We suspect that people are either unaware that we've returned or they believe we use points for downloads and that they'll have to put in work in order to use RomUlation.

We wish to rectify this, and experience tells us that our community is excellent at providing input and feedback on issues concerning RomUlation, therefore we would like to ask for your ideas concerning promotion material and methods.

We primarily wish to focus on free online promotion so off-line methods will most likely not be accepted.

If you have an idea, regardless of what it is, please do tell us; naturally we will critique ideas without gift wrapping our words.

2. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i can do that also.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

torrent advertising could work or spam the crap out of other rom forums :p (jks). But yeah even uploading the newst roms to torrent sites and leaving the URL might bring people in if theyd prefer to get them faster from HTTP Dl than a torrent

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

You could stick a site URL inside your ROM uploads you post on other sites.

5. manny2260

manny2260 Well-Known Member

*cough* i can try and make one *cough* and maybe Almo and i can team up to make it

6. Crashtehelf

Crashtehelf Well-Known Member

How about the all time classic: Graffiti. I could spray Pittsburgh with 'RomUlation.net'...yet...that might bring unwanted members...

7. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

I like the torrent idea, I could help out with that as well. Spamming the crap out of other ROM sites would be fun :D

8. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

cut me out of that. i don't have enough downloading or uploading to do it. but spamming other rom forums will be really nice. ;)

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I could do that, lol!

10. jadin72

jadin72 Well-Known Member

how about a wiki? i might be able to help with that, but not the uploads. other people use my computer too. maybe when i get a laptop...

11. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

is this what you ment by ASCII art?

Code:
     ______             _     _ _              _                                 
    (_____ \           (_)   (_) |         _  (_)                            _   
     _____) )___  ____  _     _| | _____ _| |_ _  ___  ____    ____  _____ _| |_ 
    |  __  // _ \|    \| |   | | |(____ (_   _) |/ _ \|  _ \  |  _ \| ___ (_   _)
    | |  \ \ |_| | | | | |___| | |/ ___ | | |_| | |_| | | | |_| | | | ____| | |_ 
    |_|   |_\___/|_|_|_|\_____/ \_)_____|  \__)_|\___/|_| |_(_)_| |_|_____)  \__)
    Artwork by Almo.

____                 _   _ _       _   _                          _   
    |  _ \ ___  _ __ ___ | | | | | __ _| |_(_) ___  _ __    _ __   ___| |_ 
    | |_) / _ \| '_ ` _ \| | | | |/ _` | __| |/ _ \| '_ \  | '_ \ / _ \ __|
    |  _ < (_) | | | | | | |_| | | (_| | |_| | (_) | | | |_| | | |  __/ |_ 
    |_| \_\___/|_| |_| |_|\___/|_|\__,_|\__|_|\___/|_| |_(_)_| |_|\___|\__|
    Artwork by Almo.

Im happy to upload a txt file If you wish to use this :)

12. Seph

I actually like the torrent sites idea. Sadly I can only really use torrents every other week though, the router at this place is horrible and it refuses to open ports without loads of hassle.

13. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Like... we could do some online advertising.

14. Seph

We don't exactly have a budget to do online advertising, so unless it's some free method then it won't work. The current ad-income is just below the monthly server cost so that leaves zero for advertising.

15. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

free ad banner rotations? although that might require a banner on here, im not sure how you feel about that

16. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

How about a system where you get rewards for referal; You tell your friends to join, and when they do the friend can put the name of who they found out from. That person will get a reward of some sort.

17. Seph

Absolutely not. :)

That might be something we can do, sorta like a points reward.

18. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

or a kiss from me :x

Best way I think would be by word of mouth.....
    e-mouth....
    I'm sure Romulation isn't the only site our member frequent.....so get the word out to those other sites

19. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I also like that idea. Im sure seph could easily implement a points reward for refferals.

20. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

I agree ...nice idea.... ;D