1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RomUlation on Twitter!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seph, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

See for details: https://www.romulation.org/news/277/

So, RomUlation is on Twitter, we have a few ideas of what we want to use it for but we're open for suggestions, so if you think there's a good usage of Twitter then do tell us!

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I guess it would be a good way to better advertise the Romulation...
    we follow you, and then other people see that we are, and they check out the site...
    Just goes on from there

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Twitter is everywhere!
    And how many people here actually use twitter?

4. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I have a Twitter. I overused it for three days and got bored.

Check out these statistics.

http://www.sysomos.com/insidetwitter/

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It just tells what people can guess, people like it at first then get bored of it

6. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

ill start my account now

7. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

looks good!
    I'll make an account when I get home (I'm at school), and perhaps I will follow the greatest site on earth?

8. bretttrumpour

bretttrumpour Member

I'll make an account but we should also make a facebook group its also very popular.

9. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Oh, ok, so I'm the only one who thinks this was a stupid and pointless idea?

10. Seph

From your point or from ours? :)

11. fnk

fnk Well-Known Member

I hate Twitter, yet I have an account and post regularly... at least now I have a good reason to use Twitter. :)

12. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

i prefer facebook than twitter,, or... maybe i should make one.

13. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Using twitter on a personal basis is lame. Awhrh, I want people to care about what I'm doing and I crave pointless attention. Everyone posts, no one reads. The only 5% of users that are active are the same 5% that never shut the hell up about anything in real life either.

Having said that, I think RU having a twitter is a great idea. Twitter would be great if it was used primarily for capitalistic purposes and for companies, organizations, and important peoples.

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/498203
    Pretty much 'splains it

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I shan't make an account sadly-you'd know why if you saw my post on facebook, garrentied to make someone depressed...

That and my myspace, which took months to get right, is now covered in dust :(

16. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I use twitter personally, and only follow users I care about or know in real life. Anyways, it's a great information tool if you're not the idiots who blather on and on about personal lives no one cares about. I keep "updates" to about five a day.

Anyways, I think this is a good idea for Romulation, if not wholly capitalistic social marketing. Then again, we'd like that :D

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I agree-even though I'm a kind of "compulses whinger"...

I guess once jobs are abundant prehaps I may join...(I have one but they are giving me the feeling that all the time I helped them out is pointless-oh crap there I go again :( )

18. nimishtoory

nimishtoory Guest

I'm on twitter !

19. Seph

Void, I agree somewhat, often I couldn't care very much about everyones personal stuff, but if I know the people I usually do - or if they twitter about something work related (PHP work at least) then I'm all there!

But yeah, RomUlation Twittering is mostly marketing and a bit of community interaction, it's a win-win situation. :)

20. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Must be doing something starting to see a lot of new people on here.

Never messed with Twitter but I'm on Facebook but I don't mess with it anymore. I'm assuming its pretty much the same thing?