1. This forum is in read-only mode.

romulation.net's servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by antique, Oct 4, 2007.

1. antique

antique New Member

Hi, I would like to get to know where romulations servers are hosted and how I can get one too. Can someone direct me to an page? No, I don't need an regular webhosting or anything like that. I need something more specific for my own interest, the one romulation uses seems to let it do as it wishes without the law interfering with it. I am in one way looking for something like that so I can upload my anime collection onto it and keep it as an "backup" place and at the same time let people download the anime they wishes directly off it.

Can someone help me out here? =)
    I would much appreciate it.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The law has not noticed us yet, that is why we haven't had any interference. We do not use regular webhosting, we rent physical machines in datacenters (so-called 'dedicated' servers) at a considerable cost of almost $1000 a month. We are wholly responsible for maintaining the machines (apart from hardware replacement).

If you are still interested, PM Patton, but remember that dedicated servers don't come cheap.

3. antique

antique New Member

Yeah, I know dedicated servers doesn't come cheap. I was actually implying of that not regular webhosting on a shared server.. Guess I got you a bit lead to an different path, thank you for sharing that valuable piece of information. :D ;D

Btw, where is your data-center placed? Which country to be a bit more specific?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

both are in the US.

What you are probably after is known as a 'virtual private server', which is where the machine is virtualised into a number of virtual servers which are then rented out To each client, it appears that they have a dedicated server, but there may be up to twenty virtual servers on one physical server. These are much cheaper than physical dedicated servers.