1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RomUlation is migrating again.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Nov 2, 2010.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i saw the message on the main page, so after the migration, will the download be back up?

2. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

I think not.
    Because most likely ESA will come again and ask to get it off!

3. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

*sigh* romulation is probably running low on profit because since the NDS roms as well as the best PSX roms are gone, nobody is buying premium and no more profit for romulation. now romulation is moving to free sites.

4. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I highly doubt the downloads will be back. I'm assuming the host migration is due to Romulation no longer needing the plan/host they currently have.

I wouldn't go that far.

5. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Or maybe, as forementioned, they (staff or something) didn't respect Patton enough.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The downloads will not be coming back. Ever. No matter how many times we move.

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

You really don't want to go to a free server, my sites been down all day :(

8. Loonylion

we arent moving to a free server.

9. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Someone else said it so I thought you may be.
    Good, they are shite :)

10. Loonylion

we own our servers, why would we be moving to free hosting on someone else's servers?

11. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

It was lotlol.Hes no Sherlock Holmes

12. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

RomUlation's profits (or money income) comes in through donations and ads. That's basically it, no one buys membership at all.

13. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Downloads won't be back, thus the site very possibly changing gears soon.
    I know my opinion isn't for shit around here, but you should think about having amateurs and new developers post some of their games here.
    I know other sites do just that, but with the forum you have, people would actually play the games submitted.
    The developers could donate to the site so their IP's could be played and judged by the rom u community.
    'Course there is a lot of red tape there too. But it's at least something to try and mover forward from the rom loss.

14. Loonylion

We have investigated this before, however nintendo frown on it so theres a very real posibility that a developer taking advantage of us (or any other site) offering such a facility may actually reduce their chances of having nintendo pick up their games.

15. dedboy

dedboy Guest

To some extent, it sounds like the site is being biased against due to the rom background it once had.

In all earnest, having a portfolio is the only way a game developer/designer would get noticed anyways.
    Small designers and flash game style artists could benefit from the exposure of their games on this site. It could be viewed as a platform for future game developers to test their product.
    Instead of a server dedicated to roms, it could be based on the developers style of game.

IE- Action/adventure, sports, RPG, ect.

We need to target that demographic that feels they need more exposure. Even if they ultimately get picked up by Nintendo, or anyone else for that matter, they would have passed the test of the exact people Nintendo wants to cater to. Our spam thread regulars :)

16. Loonylion

It's nothing specific against this site. nintendo place very strict rules upon developers that wish to work with them and one of them is absolutely no distribution outside of nintendo's control.

17. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

RomU is probably gonna expand into a Rom haking/modding/making forum since it already has some of this content

18. Loonylion

it isn't.

19. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

So loony, wait is going to happen with the site? Everybody his account stays? And all topics too?

20. Loonylion

the computers the site runs on get moved to a different building. That is all.