1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RomUlation Gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fennyariel, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

At about three o'clock EST this afternoon I tried to come here and it was gone! Then I googled for this wonderful site and found something horrilbe on a few other sites! It was saying that site is being shutdown! Is that really true?

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

We died around 2 years ago for a short while, yes.

No idea why you were having issues earlier but since you're here I'm assuming they've been resolved.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It's always amusing when people don't read the dates on stuff.

4. Fennyariel

Well like I said, I tried coming here from my list of links for my browser and I get the usual OOPS! This link appears to be broken message from Google. It was like 2 hours before I came back just now since I've started this forum session.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Ya, I remember googling "romulation down" back when I first joined and getting quite a few articles about it being down, but the date was always so long ago.

6. Fennyariel

Well I looked for a date but never saw one. This still doesn't tell me why you were down today. Was it just simple maintainance or what?

7. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I had the same thing earlier today (not sure what time). I wasn't worried. As long as you're here now, Romulation.

8. Loonylion

not maintenance exactly, more of a server crash.

9. Fennyariel

Looneylion when will you ever watch those big feet of yours?! Did you have to trip over the cord and yank it out of the wall?!

10. Loonylion

it was a database crash, i.e software, not hardware.

11. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

We all know it was your huge feet Loony...

12. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

No it was someone trying to force a download for C.O.R.E and it blew a fuse. Well that was lame but it was the best smart ass response I could think of at the moment.

BUT to sorta stay on topic I been having strange things happening to me when I go into different forum categories all the sudden I get redirected to some strange place off site and then I get a "plugin" error doesn't happen often like maybe once per login but seems there after my anti virus blocks what its calling as a attempted hack. I just shut the browser down and open it back up and everything is OK until I log back out and return later. Might be something on my end but I thought I would mention it....guess I could have posted this in a better section too.

13. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Please PM both Loony and I with as much information about that ad as possible, getting the URL it points at as well the the URL it redirects to would be really helpful in getting those removed.

14. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

No Problem. I will do exactly that the next time it occurs.

15. dhanash

dhanash Well-Known Member

i don't have anyprob with this site