1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Romulation Forum App

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by emmkayye, Jun 1, 2012.

1. emmkayye

emmkayye Well-Known Member

Not sure if this suggestion has been made already, but I was just wanted to suggest if it's possible to have an app for the forum. Just for those people who like to chat about stuff and now they can do it on the go!

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

No, we don't have a forum app.
    It is possible we might be able to connect to Tapatalk, but that needs to be paid for.

3. I-Fatman

I-Fatman Well-Known Member

I think emmkayye knows that RomU doesn't have an app. He/she didn't know if this suggestion has come up.
    I think that would be a great idea. Looking up the forum on the phone or surfing tablet when you are away from home. :)

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we already have one, its called a 'browser'

5. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

It would be better if you guys implanted Tapatalk. Much easier to use.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Or this: http://smf-media.com/smf4mobile/

7. emmkayye

emmkayye Well-Known Member

Did you mean using safari or the internet browser on your phone? I just wanted one that's maybe more mobile friendly, with bigger buttons and stuff.

8. Void

Void Well-Known Member

lol

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a pre-existing open source app for another SMF browser where appropriate values could be replaced. But I'm not about to care or look.

9. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

or try to make a mobile website that is more efficient to those who use mobiles frequently

10. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

In todays world things cost money and implementing the whole site to mobile could prove costly.
    Jus try a web browser that has a mobile view/single column option. You could just switch from the full screen view which needs zoom-in to mobile view which has everything on a single column making it easier for you to navigate the site.

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Making mobile sites is hard.
    It would be much easier to implant Tapatalk or use that thing I posted above.