1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Romulation Download Speeds, need updating ?...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jhon 591, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Sorry as title, Issue is at Mega.co.nz I can download 1GB in about 5/7 mins max at 7/10MB's .

Here ar romu If i try to download about 1.3 GB it takes upto 45/50mins max , 2hr's for 4GB + , About 500kb/s max

Dose admin not count for speeds, are do you have to do premium ?

Are it's it just the sever used ?, needs updating maybe ...

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I envy you with that much speed. Here I am literally (today) had spent 6 hours downloading a 1.4GB OpenGL 3.0 OBB file for Asphalt 8 Android application and now at this very minute has spent 4 hours and counting as I try downloading another copy of that game's OBB file but this time it's the 1.5GB OpenGL 2.0 OBB version for the same game, because the earlier copy wasn't compatible with the game's .APK file I downloaded. I felt like punching the modem.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I'm getting over 3MB/s and the server is fine.

What ISP are you with and what type of connection? (cable, dsl, 4g etc)

also check your units, at 10MB/s 1GB would take less than 2 minutes.

4. Loonylion

I've just downloaded a 3.4GB file in 20 minutes

5. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

my max download speed is equivlent to this sites free download speed. it all works out huh.

6. Jhon 591

What they are "Library On" with no idea, But seams that MEGA downloads it first on it Own server first then send it to you're download choice of folder .

Maybe you could have some think smilier .

7. Loonylion

mega has a completely different system. They send the file to you in encrypted form and then it is decrypted in your browser using flash. it is unnecessarily complex for our requirements and would be of no benefit to us or our users.

8. jackass@lala

jackass@lala Well-Known Member

500kb/s max is decent enough .

9. Jhon 591

I see thanks ;)

Really ?..

10. jackass@lala

jackass@lala Well-Known Member

yes. from my point on view since my broadband plan only gives this speed as max speed.

11. Luigipancakes

Luigipancakes New Member

I think any download server in general is rather slow only because realistically you're using Internet to download the Roms or Isos which if you have a decent Internet then you have no worries. So my suggestion for those who want better download speed would be to get a new modem. Preferably one that can withstand at least a 3 to 4 GB's of memory and make sure it's a dual core modem you are using too.

12. Loonylion

no modems have that much ram, even the top end asus ones are only 512MB ish. Download speeds are affected by many different variables, most of which are not under the control of either the source or the end user.