1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RomUlation Cyber Athletes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I know there are a lot of you guys who are good at first person shooters & real time strategy games & even MMORPG's, but are there any of you who are actually Cyber athletes? And if there are any of you on the site, have any of you been on a major Cyber athlete competition??

I know I'm not worthy to ask such questions, but I was thinking, if there were actual Cyber athletes on RomUlation then if & when they compete in a major event like the Cyber Olympics, then they can serve as endorsers & advertisers of RomUlation, by wearing those Tees that some of the guys on this section have suggested.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I supppose I used to be in Urban Terror, not that it was ever really that popular, there were maybe a few thousand players total, but I was in one of the top 3 clans and we sorta shifted between #1 and #2 at clanbase.com.

But that was years ago, nowadays I don't really spend a lot of time gaming anymore, sorta grew out of being all serious about it.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Plus you're too busy keeping order on the site ;)

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Nah I have mods for that, I hardly spend any time moving things. I prefer programming new stuff over maintaining the community.

5. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

We should have some, I'm betting, but i'm a casual gamer, not one of those perfectionist pros

6. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

im a bit good at dota but i never play in a competition

7. sishunter

sishunter Member

well i won some competition 2nd and 1st place ...

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

On the next cyber competition you join, say something like "I got to be this good because of RomUlation, because we try harder!" ;D

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I play games for fun. I would never have the skill nor the patience to play competitively.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I read on one post that you & several of the moderators & seph, I think, were playing an FPS game, why not form the RomUlation FPS team, then kick major ass at a team based competition

Seph to loony: "There that guy kill him! kill him!"
    Winterreise to loony: "I'm hit! I'm hit!"

;D

11. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

once tried out for the Philippine WCG Team in Starcraft about 4 years ago... went up to the top 64 qualifiers but meh... the places were too far so me and my friends conceded

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

same here, game are fun if you play it, if you take them seriously, they wont be as fun as before.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

But you can become famous & offered sponsorships & product endorsements for doing something you really love ;D

14. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

So you're the one who forfieted my match!

Joke lang! I'll go try out for the Bliz tournament, I'm pretty good at starcraft FFA with Protoss... Instead of massing pylons, I make archons, and build pylons all over the map, and let my archons heal there :) such an awesome way to heal 4 batteries per pylon=ownage

15. calvin_0

if you like that good for you, but for me...no thanks.

16. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I have my doubts, you can just play for the money, and if play for the money, then it isn't fun anymore

17. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I play in tourneys more for the social experience rather than the money. Nothing like kicking ass in DotA with your friends.

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

But seriously guys, if you endorse RomUlation that would get more people interested, & ok I think I went too far with the money & popularity, but wouldn't getting paid for being good at something you really enjoy too much a good deal?

I'm equating cyber athletes here with sports celebrities, like Basketball legends & stuff like that. And actual Cyber Athletes are infact Celebrities mind you

19. calvin_0

nah, if you want to earn money for playing games then you should play Magic the gathering and VS system.

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I forgot their name, but there's this group of FPS players from Europe who formed this team, who for years dominated the FPS competitions in the World Cyber Olympics. & they get paid for being damn good, their PCs were sponsored, their electric bills as well so basically, they just really concentrated on THE GAME, shoot, now I lost ;D