1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ROMs in general

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by EllcHaNgO, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EllcHaNgO

EllcHaNgO Member

I'm not sure if this goes here xD...but
    Are US and European roms interchangable? Like can you use a US rom with a E save file?
    Just curious because I thought I was playing Suikoden Tierkreis with the US file, but it turned out to be European I think...(I downloaded the March 12 one, but then a new U one came out like last week).

Any help is appreciated.

2. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

you definately can't sorry

and they are the same in english so why bother ???

3. EllcHaNgO

EllcHaNgO Member

because I don't know if there are differences, and because I've collected all 108 SoD's/Starbearers, and I don't want to start over. Also, I prefer U versions (I don't know why, it's just a personal preference)

Ok then, because I heard that if people have a jap version of Pokemon Platinum, they could use that data for the Eng one (rumor? I have no idea).

4. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

i heard that to you just change the file name and make it the same

5. EllcHaNgO

EllcHaNgO Member

Oh and was there a mix-up in the ROM namings? I'm pretty sure that the ROM i downloaded had a (U), and there was no language selection. The, a couple days later I see a new Suikoden Tierkreis (U)(Xenophobia) and I got confused.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Not that I know of. I downloaded Suikoden Tierkreis the day it was available on Romulation, and it's (E). And there are no language selection in the European release either, it probably changes based on your DS settings.

You could try doing as Bhatooth suggested. Make a copy of your save file, which is probably Suikoden Tierkreis (E)(VENOM).sav or something similar. Then rename it Suikoden Tierkreis (U)(Xenophobia).sav If it works, it works, if not, it'll fail and you just delete the changed save file.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Some games will work by doing that method yes. The different region versions usually don't update anything to their save file structure.

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

i didn't think you could do that on any game,

no harm in trying i guess (but seems kind of pointless)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.