1. This forum is in read-only mode.

rom trimming help

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by mattkd, Jun 26, 2010.

1. mattkd

mattkd New Member

Is there any good rom trimmer or is there a list out there that shows what game can and cannot be trimmed? As far as I know, Final Fantasy 4 can't be trimmed or else the text will be missing. and for pokemon platinum, when you trim it, the wifi is cut out. I want to trim my roms without having any messed up roms. any solutions?

2. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Filetrip is probaly your best bet.

However as I don't usually trim roms I wouldn't really know ;)

3. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's only really outdataed trimmers that break some games. I used NDSTokyoTrim (the best one I know of) on FFIV and the game was fine. I don't know about Pokemon, but seeing as it's quite a recent game, maybe there are problems with trimming it. But I trim every rom I download (that's a lot of roms) and trimming has never broken them for me. So I'd advise NDSTokyoTrim and try it on Pokemon. If the wifi worked before trimming, but not after, then obviously it breaks the wifi. If the wifi still works after trimming, then I'd say you should be safe trimming anything.

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i use this one also, its pretty good, and ive trimmed every game i have, even the newer ones, with no problem at all, i recommend this one too :)