1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Rom help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jfury09, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Jfury09

Jfury09 Member

I have a couple problems with a few of games i have. I didnt want to make topic for each one cuz i think they all would prob share the same solution. The Games i am having prob's with is FF VIII, Mega Man Legends, and Legend of Dragoon. FF VIII being the biggest problem cuz it wont get past the square soft screen then freezes. FF VIII is also they only game that i have that is a BIN file. All my others are IMG, ISO, and ccd

Mega Man runs great. When in movies it runs smooth and the sound is great. While in game tho the sound is really staticy and loud!

Legend Of Dragoon runs good to other than the load screen for the fights are longer (tho yes they where long to begin with ><) than they usually are, and that while in fights with the animtion of some skill the sound gets really bad like in Mega Man, and slow down greatly.

Anyone that can tell me how to fix these problems or point me in the right direction. ;D

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What emulator and version are you using?

3. Jfury09

Jfury09 Member

I am using ePSXe v1.7.0
    Pete's Open GL2Driver 2.9
    P.E.O.p.S DSoundAudio Driver 1.9
    ePSXe CDR WNT/W2k core 1.7.0

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I have FFVIII running using:

ePSXe 1.5.2
    Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 (Nice Settings)
    ePSXe SPU Core

You can try fiddling with your Graphics plugin settings (start a "Nice" default settings and then work from there) or you can try out ePSXe 1.5.2 which has better compatibility with Square Enix games.

5. malinak

malinak New Member

for running legend of dragoon faster:

while using pete's d3d renderer go into the configuration -> compatibility -> advanced blending-> change to "2: Hardware - fast, but not all cards support it". this should fix the problem.

anyway you can make a note in misc "special game fixes" and choose legend of dragoon