1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ROM Dumping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AetherMaster, Aug 25, 2007.

1. AetherMaster

AetherMaster Well-Known Member

First off, I must apologise if this is in the wrong board. I want to help Romulation upload ROMS. So, does anyone know where I can get a DS ROM dumper? Thanks.

2. Linkman DS

Linkman DS Active Member

I have no clue, why do you ask this?

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You'll need a slot 2 flash cart like the M3 Lite or similar.

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i'm sorry if i'm in the wrong thread, but the romulation staff could open some new sections, like a ps2 or a xbox downloading section. i can contribute a lot for the ps2 section, as i have about 80 games. it's just a thought, mind, and i understand if you're not able to do it.

5. AetherMaster

Yes, I have the SuperCard Lite. What should I do?

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i second that....i have alot of PS2 games...but i dont know how to turn it into iso >.>

7. Seph

AetherMaster: I will research it a little when I have a little time and let you know when I find out more.

And we don't allow newer consoles such as PS2 and such, simply because we don't need quite that much attention. NDS is new enough as it is.

8. AetherMaster

Thanks.

9. sn00b80

sn00b80 Member

Jin I like that idea

10. Seph

Of course you do, but I don't and in the end I'm the one who takes the blame if shit goes wrong so no newer generation consoles.

11. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

seph's the man...

12. Seph

Okay here we go, I'm not too much into the details on how to do anything with flash carts but you need this tool:

NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2

I uploaded it for you on RomUlation, so just download that and DLDI patch the NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds file, then I guess you put it on your flash cart and the rest should be obvious. I have never tried it before though, but this was what a little research told me.

13. calvin_0

NDS is newer then PS2 >.>, my PS2 is 6-7 years old....

14. calvin_0

>.> .....PS2 do have great games, a great example is Metal Gear Solid and Devil May Cry......so its not much of fanboys stuff.

15. Seph

NDS is by Nintendo, Nintendo is VERY passive when it comes to ROMs. PS2 is by Sony, and Sony is aggressive, especially with units still being sold.

16. CSP

CSP New Member

that's weird, I thought it was the other way round with Nintendo fiercely fighting off anyone who made games for the NES without paying the fees and Sony who it is rumoured to have given a helping hand with the first PSX modchip effectively establishing themselves on the market.

PS2 Isos are fairly common to find, the only problem is the size of the roms hence PS2 Isos are rarely put for direct download.

17. Seph

Nintendo has never really been aggressive towards ROM sites, Sony hasn't either but they've been aggressive in related areas.

Even if they did help develop the first modchip then it was different back then, they didn't have the brand awareness they do now.

18. AetherMaster

Thanks, but there is a small problem. When I click the name to download it, I get a page of ramdom text. If I right-click and save as, It's an HTML document, not a .nds file. Plus, by DLDI patch, do you mean the Supercard patching software? If you're not sure, does anyone else know?

19. Seph

Odd, save it as a .rar file using the right click and save as, that worked for me.

And I have no idea what is meant by DLDI patch either.

20. AetherMaster

Yes, saving it as a .rar file worked.

Does anyone know if the DLDI patch is the SuperCard software or a different one?