1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Rom Download

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Chibiwolf, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chibiwolf

Chibiwolf Member

Hello. I recently downloaded a rom from Romulation; Animal Crossing: Population Growing. Click HERE for link. Anyway, I extracted the .rar file (with winrar) and it gave me two files. An MSInfo Doccument, and the .rar containing the ISO file for Animal Crossing. when I clicked on the .rar I get a message telling me that it is an "unknown format" or "the file is damaged." I deleted, redownloaded and extracted, and got the same issue. Any tips?

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Try downloading using download manager, might help.

3. Chibiwolf

Chibiwolf Member

Thanks. I will try it out and see how it works.

4. evans123456

evans123456 Well-Known Member

Yes, Download Manager is perfect for broken downloads and the such.

5. Chibiwolf

Chibiwolf Member

yeaaaa- nope. Still nothing. *shakes fist* Curse you ISO file from hell. >/

6. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Did you check the file size after you downloaded it?

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What download manager are you using?

8. Chibiwolf

Chibiwolf Member

I am using free download manager. It works fine with my other files, and even torrents. I think it is just the file on the page. I know this is probably against site policy but can someone upload a mirror if possible? Maybe link me to another download?

9. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

some people should test there own rar arcives befor posting them on the web, lol!

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

So it's a rar inside right?

Because it might be a gcm file-the gamecube's form of iso.

Is the file size correct?

Btw...if still nothing happens in the next few days pm me-I might have something...small that might interest ya...

*COUGH*RIPPED VERSION*COUGH*

11. CarnageMayhem

CarnageMayhem Member

Hi, first of all, i have downloaded gc isos, and nothings wrong with em.

There is no .rar inside the .rar you downloaded from romu. If i recall, once you extract the rar, usually is a folder with the name of game, then inside, the msinfo file and a .ISO file.

Winrar has the option to open isos like they were somekind of compressed files, and in fact, if this option is activated (as far as i see, that is your case), will show the icon of a compressed file.

But, since gc isos have a different data structure, it will show as a corrupted one, no matter if you open em with winrar, daemontools, alcohol, or any other program, unless it's an emu.

After this short explanation:

Extract the .rar you downloaded from romu and then just burn the "second rar" (that is the actually .iso) that has been extracted. Put it in your moded gc and have fun playing ;D

The second option is to load the iso on an emulator (dolphin's the best) but it needs a high end pc to actually be playable.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.