1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ROM comments is a YOUTUBE rip off and a good one!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonez001, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

The updates to the ROM comments are not unseen.

They are just great!

Usefull comments MUST come above so that everybody can read the useful comments.

The system is much like the system now used on Youtube but here it has his place to my opion!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

[me=hYpNoS]only understand something about roms and youtube involved[/me]

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I think he's saying that the new comments page for roms on romulation is a ripoff of the way the youtube video comments are

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The youtube comment system is a rip off of conversation.

This is a Lvl 51 outrage!

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I like it

6. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I hate the new Youtube layout.
    And for the comments page, I won't scroll through like 5 pages to find a trailer for the game, and no one rates the comments in the first place.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Wrong. I did not once even look to YouTube when designing the comments system. If I had to pick a site I was inspired by it would probably be reddit, which has had this system for a lot longer than YouTube. So YouTube is the ones ripping off Reddit, which is probably ripping off some other site.

It was *just* introduced, you are a bit quick to doom it...

8. klaimore

9. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

traitor! The system must now be like this because too many idiots spam too many comments and the ones that can comment mod are few.

And YT current version sucks so much ASS; it screens my comments, giving me 'ERROR, please try again'.

10. klaimore

Youtube is much harder to use now. and Vevo wtf?

11. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

I know, it sucks now, especially with how they scan your audio for 'copyright' and 'infringement'.

12. klaimore

Sucks how they changed the star rating to Likes and Dislikes. I wanted to continually spam 'Dora the Explorer' vids....

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

introduce random noise at the extremes of human hearing to confuse it.

14. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Just introduced one of the last features to go into the comments. Comment attitude. Since comments are all about your opinion of the game you now have to define whether your comment is positive, neutral or negative towards the game, it then gets a colour based on it's attitude. Later on you'll be able to filter comments based on their attitude, so for instance you could say "Show me all the negative comments". If you want to see why some people don't like the game.

15. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Well Seph It is a great feature!

16. Silvertie

Silvertie Well-Known Member

I like it. Bump the useful comments, let the old or useless comments sink to the bottom. Yet another advancement in romulation technology.