1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Rom burning?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phate, Apr 5, 2009.

1. phate

phate Active Member

Hi everyone!! my name is phate, and I have been using romulation for 2 years now, and I have to say that this site rocks!! I was wondering if there is a rom burning service offered her? if there is not, I just found a new one that popped up on the net just a little while ago, but I dont want to get in trouble for posting links to other site, as I know this is usually forbidden in other site forums, and is usually frowned upon when somelike myself has so little posts...

At any rate, if some one could let me know, would be appreciated as this rom burning site look like they cover just about every major current set out there!! Thanks everyone!! Cheers! 8)

2. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

i think you can upload the file to the net instead

3. phate

phate Active Member

Sorry about that...I did not phrase myself properly....I meant if I can post the link to the site that is offering that service? My bad! Cheers!!

4. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

i think its okay if its not a competing rom site but jsut wait for an admin to read this

5. phate

phate Active Member

Cool!! thx for the heads-up!!

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

So let me get this straight...

That site you're mentioning offers to send you ROMs/ISOs that have been burned onto an optical storage media like a CD-R or DVD-R for a price?

Did I get it correctly? If so, didn't you know you could just burn ISOs/ROMs yourself on a CD/DVD-R/W drive on a PC? ???

7. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

HA! you took the words out of my mouth!

I have seen sites like that back years ago they charged you a fee for ISOs and at the time I thought I was a good ideal beacuse it saved me the trouble of having to figure it out on my own and let alone didn't have the equipment at the time, and I think it was Dreamcast ISOs had to use a boot disc...anyway I got like 10 of them shipped to me pretty cheap think it covered the cost of the disc and shipping cost
    I wouldn't do it now for reasons of not knowing what you will end up with with viruses and the like if its a batch of roms to use on a pc emulator.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

One of the points I was thinking of exactly.