1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Roller Coaster Safety

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hanghanghang, May 6, 2008.

?

Is it safe to ride roller coasters

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hanghanghang

hanghanghang Well-Known Member

Hey is it safe to ride roller coasters? Since my mom thinks its not. =] isnt it safer to ride a roller coaster than to like cross a street o.o. Well vote!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if you adhere to the safety regulations (i.e don't ride if you're too short etc) and its properly maintained and inspected, then it's very safe.

3. Its safe but you my get sick but not if your use to it some people think its bad but it is not .

4. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

then consult your doctor and have a medical checkup and see if you can handle riding in a roler coster

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Woohoo!

I love riding rollercoasters & as loony says, it all depends on you following the rules & the amusement park maintainance crew doing their job well

God I love riding coasters, being a little dis orientated, & puking a lot, yeah that rocks!! ;D

6. clyffe28

don't forget that unexpected accidents may still happen so do your best to be careful every time

7. Peach_is_Awesome

Peach_is_Awesome Well-Known Member

That depends. If you follow directions and see that the roller coaster is in good shape it should be fine. I don't ride roller coasters much but my mom does. and I haven't puked from anything in years ^_^

8. Lukav

Lukav Well-Known Member

I agree with what everyone else is saying.

As long as the rides are in good working order, you should be pretty safe.

If the machine looks like a pile of rusted nuts and bolts, with gaping holes in it, it's not the best idea to use it. =]

Also, as clyffe28 said, there could still be unexpected accidents, such as a power cut or whatever, but if you're strapped in well, you shouldn't come to any harm.

I remember a ride full of people was on a ride called 'Colossus', at a water park called Thorpe Park (I dunno if they're only in the UK), which malfunctioned as it was going round a loop.

Everyone was stuck on the ride, upside down for over an hour. =/

A few people were sick, but because everyone was strapped in, NO ONE was hurt.

/waffling on

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if theres a power failure at any time rollercoasters have mechanical brakes that automatically engage and stop the cars, much like a lift has in case of the cable snapping.

10. mysticaloctopus

mysticaloctopus Well-Known Member

You're safer waving your arms screaming and yelling on a rollercoaster than on the street... do that on the street and you'll end up in a funny farm, do it on a rollercoaster and people join in.

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

A roller coaster stopping from a malfunction happened months ago here in Manila, the thing is the ride was a "newly" installed ride & it malfunctioned only weeks after

12. hanghanghang

hanghanghang Well-Known Member

Stuck on a loop for one hour?!!! -.- wont you get light headed...? and thanks you guys =D

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah they're pretty safe if it's maintained etc. but just don't trust some theme parks, such as "Rainbow's End" in New Zealand. A few people die because of their poor rides. You know what I'm talking about, right Almo?

14. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Rollercoasters are as close to death you can get to in an amusement park, I never said you will die, but it feels so clsoe, but it's 100% safe, That's why we have mechanics on the ride, 100% safe, but it feels different

15. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Nothing is 100% safe, and accidents can happen if the rides aren't well maintained or poorly designed (which probably descrives most theme parks in Indonesia...). Oh, and don't ride if you get motion sickness, obviously :).

16. clyffe28

yes get yourself examined first before going to any rides think about yourself first not fun and always follow every rule

17. SillySora

SillySora New Member

It's a 50/50 chance really, but if you keep your eyes open, and your observations to a high degree, then you'll be fine. Listen to your instincts too; if something is telling you not to get on, don't. Chances are, your instincts are right.

Other than that, there's nothing wrong with taking a risk once in a while, and roller coasters (depends on which one, and what news you've heard about it) are generally safe, depending on how well it's taken care of.

18. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I've been on quite a few roller coasters. I guess I've been lucky.

If you're a wizard or some other magical being.

Anyways, yes, you have a much higher chance of being in a car accident as a pedestrian than in a roller coaster disaster. However, people generally use sidewalks more than roller coasters. I wouldn't be afraid to get on roller coasters (though if it's one of those shoddy pack-n-go carnival trash ones you might wanna limit yourself :p) because not getting on roller coasters because it's unsafe is like holding your breath cause you might breath in a bug.

19. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I hate roller coasters. I took this old Coney Island one, and I almost broke my neck. Well, obviously the ones now are safer and don't look like bus seats connected to each other. I don't like to ride them. :p

20. iceredaph32

iceredaph32 Well-Known Member

it really depends on you if you can handle riding or not